I ordered this book for my engineering class that consisted of some MATLAB introductions. When I first got the book, it seemed quite intriguing and helpful, but not as helpful as I wanted it to be. The contents it includes are literally concise, so concise that some of the functionality of MATLAB and its functions are not understandable till you google it. What is worst is that, as other review stated, unless what you are looking for has been explained in the example, you probably won't find it. MATLAB itself is already a mess with its "unique" syntax and how it processes data and equations, this book barely provided the help and resource I needed to complete my assignments. I found myself constantly going back to the book, looking at my course videos, and then finally ended up on MATLAB website looking for clues. Despite this book being used widely by many professors who teaches MATLAB, I cannot find myself to like or get used to the book. The only part about this book that I can understand is the basic concepts it tries to teach. The basics is quite easy to grasp, however the later problems it presents for practice are not due to the lack of details and help it presents in the chapters.
Overall, for me at least, I think this book only deserve a three. to put it in simple terms:
1) Good introduction to the basics.
2) Provides organized tables of functions that relates to the chapters, both in the chapters and the back of the book.
3) Provides examples to follow along.
1) Too concise, or rather ambiguous in some of the functions and syntax of MATLAB
2) Examples can be unhelpful toward some of the problems presented at the end of each chapter
- Buy this item and get 90 days Free Amazon Music Unlimited. After purchase you will receive an email with further information. Offer valid for a limited time only. Terms and Conditions apply.” Learn more here.