I found this book incredibly useful, and it gave me ideas for how to construct the new gardens on my property. The idea of a banana circle (with fruit trees for the PNW) is awesome, and the warnings about persistent herbicides made it worth the purchase price alone. As my livestock will mostly be fed with imported hay to begin with, I'm thankful for the information.
There are a few stretch ideas for me in here, like compost tea, worm tea, and various other liquid forms of fertilization. However, the ease of some of the techniques really makes me happy.
The one thing I'd add to it is more diagrams or even illustrations for the various constructions, like the banana circle or the duck pond/fruit tree combo.
- Paperback: 150 pages
- Publisher: Castalia House (28 April 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9527065569
- ISBN-13: 978-9527065563
- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 0.8 x 17.8 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 9.1 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 85,244 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)