"Eschewing heavy financial talk, Hunt focuses on simple methods for getting out of debt - e.g., how to develop a 'Freedom Account' to handle irregular expenses, and how to shop more economically for groceries. This is an uncomplicated guide squarely aimed at helping those in tight financial straits." - Publishers Weekly
"Mary Hunt's back with more of her warm humor and practical advice about how to save money and still have fun!" - American Financial Solutions
In need of a Money Makeover?
Let America's most popular cheapskate show you how to go from financial chaos to freedom and security--painlessly and in less time than you ever imagined.
Mary Hunt has helped thousands live a debt-free life with her popular newsletter, "The Cheapskate Monthly." In The Complete Cheapskate, Mary puts all the very best money advice she has in one place. Becoming a classy, dignified cheapskate is not all that difficult, and Mary shows how with her user-friendly principles of saving, restraint, and living debt-free.
This book will teach you how to:
- Create--and stick to--a monthly spending plan
- Live well off 80% of your income
- Climb out--and stay out--of debt's hole
- Stretch every dollar to its absolute maximum
- Manage savings and investments
- Lower bills on clothes, food, and gifts without lowering living standards
- Live within a financial plan that includes a margin for fun and spontaneity
With hundreds of tips on cutting expenses, The Complete Cheapskate is the indispensable guide for people ready to regain control of their finances, relieve the stress money has created, and prepare for their future.