Only a fool crosses a god.
WINNER: Pinnacle Book Achievement Award – Fall 2016 – Best Book in Fantasy
Chosen as a five-year-old orphan to be the Left Hand of Death, Ellaeva has nothing to call her own—nothing except a desire to avenge her slaughtered parents.
Lyram, third in line for the throne, is serving out his exile after the murder of his wife. When the castle is unexpectedly besieged, he fears his prince means to remove him from contention for the crown permanently.
Ellaeva’s arrival at the castle brings Lyram hope, until she reveals she has not come for the siege, but instead to hunt for a hidden necromancer dedicated to the dark god of decay.
Within their stone prison, Ellaeva and Lyram must fight to save themselves from political machinations and clashing gods. But as the siege lengthens, the greatest threat comes from an unexpected quarter.
[Dark Epic Fantasy, Castle Siege, Epic Battle]
- "Good Ol' Fashioned Fantasy Castle Siege: Strong writing, good world-building with all the terminology and the different gods, conflicted characters, ever-changing plot, intrigue, betrayal, and all the goodies of a good vs. evil battle." ~ Becky
- "Ciara Ballintyne writes adventurous tales that revel in their sense of sheer fun, and IN THE COMPANY OF THE DEAD takes that to a proper battlefield-sized fantasy." ~ Ken Hughes
IN THE COMPANY OF THE DEAD by Ciara Ballintyne
Evolved Publishing presents the first book in "The Sundered Oath" series of dark, epic fantasies. [DRM-Free]
Books by Ciara Ballintyne:
- In the Company of the Dead (The Sundered Oath #1)
- On the Edge of Death (The Sundered Oath #2)
- To Make the Dead Weep (The Sundered Oath #3 - Coming 2018)
- Confronting the Demon (The Seven Circles of Hell #1)
- Stalking the Demon (The Seven Circles of Hell #2)
More Great Fantasy from Evolved Publishing:
- Heir of Thunder by Karissa Laurel
- Shadow Swarm by D. Robert Pease
- The Soulbound Curse by Kira A. McFadden
- The Silver Sphere by Michael Dadich
About the Author
EDITOR: Marissa loves falling into a story and just going along for the ride, but she also loves capturing a story and examining it like a naturalist would, trying to figure out what makes it tick and how it turned out so beautiful. She started out editing National Geographic books, and has been editing full time for over five years now, working on all genres but specializing in science fiction and fantasy. She loves her job more all the time. Being able to help storytellers bring their ideas to life and seeing them grow as artists is incredibly rewarding.