- Boxed-product Weight: 318 g
- Item Model Number: 1441671
- ASIN: B077H28XSJ
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 27 March 2019
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
80,585 in Clothing, Shoes & Accessories (See Top 100 in Clothing, Shoes & Accessories)
- #572 in Men's Sports Pants
|Price:||+ $6.99 Delivery|
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Columbia's Silver Ridge Convertible Pant features Omni-Shade UPF 50 fabric for maxium protection against the sun and Omni-Wick technology that pulls moisture away to keep you cool and dry.
- HANDY FEATURES: This men's durable convertible pant features one zip-closure security pocket, side pockets with hook and loop closure, and mesh pocket bags for ultimate convenience and efficiency.
- ADJUSTABLE FEATURES: This men's convertible pant features a partial elastic waist, gusset detail, and zip-off legs for the ultimate comfortability.
- CLASSIC FIT: This pant is crafted of a classic fit for ultimate comfortability while active days outside.
- Columbia's men's Silver Ridge Covertible Pant features sun protection and quick-wicking fabric with multiple pockets and zip-off legs making them the perfect pant for active days in the sun.
Amazon Global Store
- International products have separate terms and are sold from abroad and may differ from local products including fit, age rating, and language of product, labeling, or instructions.
- Manufacturer warranty may not apply but you may have other rights under law.
- Limited Time Offer: Prime members get FREE Expedited delivery on all Prime eligible orders from Amazon US. T&Cs and Prime membership fee apply. Learn more
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Here's my experience with Silver Ridge Convertibles regarding size, and my suspicions. First, I am 6 foot, 195 pounds and always wear a size 32 leg length. 99% of the time a 38 waist fits fine.
Both here and on other sites there were enough reviews that strongly suggested ordering one size up. So, I did. They fit, but the waist was, well, 40, and loose but handle-able with a belt. They felt fine.
But, I am going to Europe soon and I wanted something that could look stylish too (not baggy). I have several pairs of convertible nylon hiking pants of various weights that I've used hiking and for other Europe trips. I didn't need another pair of baggyish pants. So, I ordered and got the 38W32L size of these pants, for comparison. I returned the one size up version.
Conclusions: If you want a loose pair, totally free in the legs around the knees when taking two-steps up while hiking, then buy one size up. If you want something for mainly about town and travel, get your actual size. The leg fit will be fine except if you do leg lifts and have bulked up around the thighs, or if you have a unique shape. I tend to be on the hippy side slightly, and I do not feel constricted in these 38-32s, around the knees, thighs, hips, or crotch. The crotch is not as deep as in many pants, but only slightly so, so if you are REALLY thick in the butt and center then maybe a size up would be appropriate. Put another way, if you cannot get into "regular" size jeans and always get relaxed fit, consider what I've said, but keep in mind that nylon is more flexible than thick jeans.
General: Only one zippered pocket, on the left side, perfect for the wallet. Normal side pockets (tight good quality mesh) are slightly shallow and should be somewhat deeper, to minimize coins or the like falling out while sitting, which is not likely but COULD happen. Other pockets have velcro closures. No zippers at the leg bottoms. Pant bottoms are labeled L and R on the zipper pulls, a nice convenience. These look MUCH nicer than my other, frumpy looking but serviceable, convertible pants. Length is true to size. Waistband, like most similar pants, has a bit of stretch to it. Quality of the fabric and stitching is good. I'd suggest a darker color, as such would be less likely to show dirt and when wet from rain there is no possibility of a see-though effect characteristic of very light nylon.
Nowhere on labels did I find the AX8004 designations, which appears in the product title that prompted my writing this review, which I also placed on other listings for the same pants. You would be well off to first search for "Columbia Mens Silver Ridge Convertible" to find the range of prices available, as these pants are listed slightly differently in many cases, perhaps to give particular marketplace merchants an edge. Compare prices, considering shipping, for all you find in your search under "Columbia Mens Silver Ridge Convertible."
Suspicion/speculation: I noted that many of the reviews that strongly pushed the idea that these pants are way too tight were made more than a year ago. I wonder if Columbia took note of past negative comments and had their suppliers tighten up on the variability allowed for each size specification, resulting in the apparently current true to size but only somewhat slender product.
Oh, I took one star off because pants like these should have deeper front pockets and another zippered pocket. But, would I get another pair of another color? Sure. I like 'em enough; I just don't "love" them!
I saw a comment/review on quality and compared them to "trash bag." Yes, as noted, they are thin material and wouldn't be the best choice for arctic conditions. However, for the heat of Africa or the middle east, they are perfect.
Obviously I would, and have, ordered them "again."
First, the good. The pants are comfortable and fit to size. They have a bit of stretch to them, which makes them give when they need to give. The bottoms are easily convertible, which is great at this price point.They also have lots of pockets.
Now the bad. The quality is not up to normal Columbia standards. On every pair the stitching on the right pocket came out in the same place. The seams gradually opened until the pockets were worthless. Other reviewers have noted this problem and you would be well advised to heed their warning. In addition, the pants get pulls very easily, so the fabric starts to wear out quite quickly. I returned three of my four pair to Columbia so far, and they gave me a full credit on all three. The fourth is just beginning to separate at the seam.
My recommendation is that if you intend to use these for their intended purpose . . . hiking and backpacking, you plan to do some sewing as well to close up the pocket seems before they get bad. I am going to buy a few more pair because the price is great, but I am factoring in the repair work.