- Spiral-bound: 176 pages
- Publisher: Walter Foster Publishing; Spi edition (1 August 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781600582837
- ISBN-13: 978-1600582837
- ASIN: 1600582834
- Product Dimensions: 18.4 x 2.5 x 24.8 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 880 g
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 19,515 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
1,500 Color Mixing Recipes for Oil, Acrylic & Watercolor: Achieve Precise Color When Painting Landscapes, Portraits, Still Lifes, and More Spiral-bound – 1 Aug 2012
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
Follow these 4 simple steps to mix more than 1,500 color combinations:
STEP ONE Look in the Color Guidance Index for the subject you want to paintfor example, Broccoli.
STEP TWO Find the Color Recipe with the subjects recipe number (81) and a photo of the actual paint mixture.
STEP THREE Use the Color Mixing Grid to measure each paint color.
STEP FOUR Mix the color. Its that easy!
Also Includes Instruction in Color Theory, Color Value Mixing, Graying Color Naturally, Mixing Flesh and Portrait Colors, Rendering Skies and Clouds.
The plastic Color Mixing Grids (included) ensure accurate paint measurements!
About the Author
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I like the transparent sheet with the incremental markings to measure your paints for mixing. I'd recommend taking them to a print shop to copy them onto clear colourless plastic sheets optimally,
I love that they do not discount acrylic artists and have a conversations to accommodate, I love the notes section. This book is organized and easy to understand, except for the portraits chapter in French ....I think I need a how to book on that!
Whoever or whatever your artistic media of choice, this book covers some really great points about color theory, shading, and other things that a hobbyist who has never taken an art class might not know. I highly recommend the book just for this reason. There is a great two page layout on faces and shading values in both black and white and full color.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Graphic Design > Techniques
- Books > Arts & Photography > Painting > Acrylics
- Books > Arts & Photography > Painting > Oil Painting
- Books > Arts & Photography > Painting > Still Life
- Books > Arts & Photography > Painting > Watercolour
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies > Painting
- Books > Textbooks & Study Guides