Tim Winton creates characters that seem to jump of the page into your mind. His use of language to describe situations is superb. You feel like you are living and breathing the story as you read it.
Growing up in Western Australia myself this story of fiction also is enhanced by relating to real events and real places.
But I would recommend it to anyone who appreciates great prose.
- Paperback: 448 pages
- Publisher: Penguin; 1 edition (5 January 1998)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0140273980
- ISBN-13: 978-0140273984
- Product Dimensions: 12.9 x 3.3 x 19.6 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 422 g
- Average Customer Review: 22 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 14,334 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)