This book focuses upon Pepper's (Jane) and Lovelace's (Ship AI) histories and, individually, their growth towards life's fulfillment. Both characters were closed off from society and so had much in common. The author shows that gene manipulation could be used devastatingly to produce a society where many are cloned and thereby enslaved to manufacture goods and services for the few. Philosophically where does society stand in relation to artificial intelligence?
My preference is for more action in sci-fi, and so the four stars, but I recognise the quality of this work. I highly recommend it.
- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Hodder Paperbacks; 1 edition (13 June 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781473621473
- ISBN-13: 978-1473621473
- ASIN: 147362147X
- Product Dimensions: 14.8 x 2.5 x 19.7 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 299 g
- Average Customer Review: 16 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 53,311 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)