- Paperback: 128 pages
- Publisher: HarperCollins (16 May 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0008358931
- ISBN-13: 978-0008358938
- Product Dimensions: 12.9 x 1 x 19.8 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 59 g
- Customer Reviews: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 39,505 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ $3.00 delivery
Cleaning the Gold Paperback – 16 May 2019
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Praise for Karin Slaughter:
‘I’d follow her anywhere’ Gillian Flynn
‘A great writer at the peak of her powers’ Peter James
‘Her characters, plot, and pacing are unrivalled’ Michael Connelly
‘Big, dark, rich, satisfying, and bloody’ Stuart MacBride
‘Fiction doesn't get any better than this’ Jeffery Deaver
‘One of the boldest thriller writers working today’ Tess Gerritsen
‘A writer of extraordinary talents’ Kathy Reichs
Praise for Lee Child:
‘These books are absolutely addictive’ George R. R. Martin
‘Great pace, drama, language’ James Patterson
‘Jack Reacher is today’s James Bond’ Ken Follett
‘Nothing makes for a great weekend quite like quality time with Jack’ Lisa Gardner
‘The coolest continuing series character’ Stephen King
‘I always seize the latest Lee Child with pleasure’ Philip Pullman
‘I pick up Jack Reacher when I’m in the mood for someone big to solve my problems’ Patricia Cornwell’
About the Author
Karin Slaughter is one of the world’s most popular and acclaimed storytellers. Published in 120 countries with more than 35 million copies sold across the globe, her 19 novels include the Grant County and Will Trent books, as well as the Edgar-nominated Cop Town and the instant Sunday Times bestselling novels Pretty Girls, The Good Daughter and Pieces of Her. Slaughter is the founder of the Save the Libraries project―a nonprofit organization established to support libraries and library programming. A native of Georgia, Karin Slaughter lives in Atlanta.
Lee Child is one of the world’s leading thriller writers. He was born in Coventry, raised in Birmingham, and now lives in New York. It is said one of his novels featuring his hero Jack Reacher is sold somewhere in the world every nine seconds. His books consistently achieve the number-one slot on bestseller lists around the world, and have sold over one hundred million copies. Two blockbusting Jack Reacher movies have been made so far.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Review this product
1 customer review
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
(1) Only 71% of the purchased book is on topic. The remaining 29% is a shameless plug for Karin Slaughter's next novel. They should refund those 29%, if not more, read on.
(2) It is not until 23% of the overall book (including the plug) that Reacher enters the picture. That's 23/71 = 32%, so a third roughly into the book, before he actually appears at all in the book. But it gets worse.
(3) Reacher alone is in 8% of the actual book. That is 0.08*0.71=5.7% of the entire book pages.
(4) Reacher and Will together are portrayed 32% of the actual book, so 0.32*0.71=23% of the entire book.
(5) This, in all, of your entire purchase, Reacher is portrayed in roughly 29% of the book. The rest (71%) is all Karen Slaughter and her characters in the book you already purchased plus a plug for her next novel.
(6) You would expect in a book of this type that some is principally one character, some the other, but mainly both. Well, that is absolutely not so on this instance. This strongly comes across as Child helping Slaughter through the use of his name and his protagonist's name. That is not cool.
(7) There are multiple grammatical errors. You would think authors of this caliber would have competent editors. I once brought up the who vs. whom problems found in Nelson DeMille's books to the author himself. He explained them away as 'colloquial speech'. That is a lame excuse. Get it right, without exception. There is no excuse really, so man up; you can afford it. This book even has a run-on sentence, and there is absolutely no excuse for that.
Finally, the book is a decent read, with a very anticlimactic ending. Note I wrote this all on a cell phone, upset about the percentages and other content issues. So if I misspelled or otherwise made grammatical errors, I at least have a valid excuse. Unlike these authors I neither have editors on staff, nor do I need any. My thumbs are often just to big for my keyboard.
Alex B., PhD