- Buy this item and get 90 days Free Amazon Music Unlimited. After purchase you will receive an email with further information. Offer valid for a limited time only. Terms and Conditions apply.” Learn more here.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
Classical Myth Paperback – 17 May 2006
|New from||Used from|
|Paperback, 17 May 2006||
Enhance your purchase
Special offers and product promotions
- Publisher : Pearson; 5th edition (17 May 2006)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 752 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0131962949
- ISBN-13 : 978-0131962941
- Dimensions : 17.15 x 3.18 x 22.86 cm
- Customer Reviews:
From the Back Cover
Classical Myth, 5e illuminates the cultural context of classical myth and explains Greek and Roman myths in a lively and engaging manner. This comprehensive text offers lively translations of the best ancient sources for classical myth, as well as many illustrations, both ancient and modern. Based on the latest scholarship, the text provides students with information on the influence of Near Eastern myth, as well as concise sidebar essays that chronicle the legacy of Greek and Roman stories up to the present day.
The fifth edition includes:
· A new "Observations" section on archaeology and the mystery of the Trojan War
· Expanded coverage on Rome to reflect new ideas and directions in today's scholarship
· New Perspectives on Star Wars, Tolkien, Atlantis, and Seamus Heaney.
· Enhanced focus on the physical setting for classical myth, with a new city plan of ancient Rome.
· More images of art and artifacts to illustrate the myths and legends
· An updated table of contents to enhance easy navigation through the text
Accompanying this text is a Companion Website™ offering tools for instructors and students alike. Visit www.prenhall.com/powell for updated links to a vast array of resources, an interactive study guide, self-scoring quizzes, and more.
PICK A PENGUIN! Prentice Hall is delighted to offer select Penguin Putnam titles to use in conjunction with this text at a discounted price. Please look inside for more detailed information on this program.