|Brand||Country Trading Co.|
|Material||Certified Organic Cotton|
|Item Weight||181 g|
Cheesecloth for Straining - Certified Organic Cotton - Fine Reusable Unbleached Cooking Filter (Large Cut 1.5m x 1.0m)
Recommended Retail Price (RRP)The RRP displayed is the most recent manufacturer’s recommended retail price made available to Amazon AU.
|You Save:||$2.00 (12%)|
Enhance your purchase
- GENEROUS PACK SIZE 1.5m x 1m - No need to double layer like thinner grade 90 - cut to smaller sizes for your needs. Fine draining but strong for easy washing and reuse.
- FOOD SAFE ORGANICALLY GROWN AND WOVEN COTTON – Certified Organic cotton – free from bleach, child labour, and chemical sizing this natural food grade fabric is good for the environment and your home so you can strain your food with confidence
- ULTRAFINE WEAVE FOR BEVERAGES - Perfect for filtering cold brew coffee, straining almond and nut milk bags, covering kombucha tea, brewing craft beer, and fermented drinks
- EXTENSIVELY TESTED FOR DAIRY & VEGAN CHEESEMAKING & YOGHURT - Slow draining for excellent Greek yoghurt, straining curds, cloth bound cheddar, lining tofu press, vegan, Feta and Labneh cheese making with a non-stick weave that is easier to clean and more durable than butter muslin
- EASY TO CLEAN, REUSABLE AND BIODEGRADABLE - Achieve your plastic-free, zero waste goals with this reusable organic cotton fabric for cleaning and cooking. Multi-use around the home for basting poultry, fine polishing wood and glass, with food grade tight weave for preserving, home brew, jelly making, spice and bouquet garni bags
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Who is Country Trading Co.?
We are a small family business and we know one end of a kitchen from the other. We make everything from scratch and needed a culinary grade cheesecloth to take the strain. One that we could cut and wash without it disintegrating. This is a fantastic quality cloth. We really hope you enjoy using it and reusing it in your kitchens as much as we do.
What is so special about this Cheesecloth?
It is organic cotton, which means we can trace it from the farm to the mill to you without any pesticides or chemicals. It is a dream to use in the kitchen and to clean, whatever you’ve strained just washes off. Stronger and more durable than Grade 90 baby muslin, you can wash and reuse it many times. The generous 18 sq yards can be cut and used single thickness for fine straining.
Make Cold Brew Coffee
This cloth is a favorite with cold brew coffee purists who are quite fussy about filter quality.
1. Use good fresh beans ground coarsely
2. Steep for 24 hours in un-chlorinated water
3. Make it strong, 250 grams beans per liter
Strain through a double layer of cloth and keep in a jar in the fridge for two weeks.We like to dilute it with homemade almond milk.
Get Your Jelly Strained
If you're happy at the end of a wooden spoon, then you will love our cloth.
Far easier to clean than jelly bags and made from organic unbleached cotton so you can be sure that whatever goes through it comes out the other side just as pure and tasty.
We use it for jellies like this blackcurrant one. Quince is another favorite and also plum cordial.
Cook the Perfect Poultry
Did you know if you soak our culinary grade cloth in melted butter, you can wrap and cook turkey or chicken? No basting required!
The buttered cloth keeps poultry moist during cooking, and the skin magically still browns through the cloth.
Try a single layer wrap and cooking temp of 160°C/ 320°F and rest for 10 mins before unwrapping (the bird that is).
Reusable. After use wash in warm soapy water, rinse and dry well before storage. Sterilise in boiling water before use.
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Having said that, it's only better for cheese.
Our goal was to filter small particles out of the water, for infant formula mixing. That was the intention of buying.
Hence we are not happy with the results!
Top reviews from other countries
Tip: Don’t buy any “organic” cloth that doesn’t have a GOTS label with certifying entity and certification number. Without that information, it’s probably not really GOTS certified. This cheesecloth is really GOTS certified.
Reviewed in the United States on 3 August 2020