This is a book that should be read by policy makers, law reform, teachers and students.
I don't take illicit drugs nor approve of them, however this book provides a fairly impassive analysis of drugs, drug addicts and recreational drug users who don't become addicted. Some of the conclusions of this research coincide with my own observations and opinions. I have had friends who are addicts and friends who take party drugs and don't become addicted and knew the difference was how happy their childhood and teen years shaped the outcome.
Johann wrote compellingly and the stories were engaging. I love history and psychology, this book served both up to me.
I highly recommend getting this as an audio book if you find nonfiction a slog.
- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing; 1 edition (4 March 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1526608367
- ISBN-13: 978-1526608369
- Product Dimensions: 12.8 x 3 x 19.8 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 299 g
- Average Customer Review: 40 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 4,510 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)