- Paperback: 552 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc; Study Guide edition (6 October 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781119377429
- ISBN-13: 978-1119377429
- ASIN: 1119377420
- Product Dimensions: 18.5 x 3.3 x 23.4 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 930 g
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 43,870 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Official Study Guide: Associate Exam Paperback – 6 Oct 2017
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Covers exam objectives, including monitoring and metrics, high availability, analysis, deployment and provisioning, data management, security, networking, and much more...
Includes an interactive online learning environment and study tools with:
+ 2 custom practice exams
+ 100 electronic flashcards
+ Searchable key term glossary
Your complete guide to preparing for the AWS Certified SysOps AdministratorAssociate Exam
The AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Official Study Guide is your one-stop resource for coverage of the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate Level Exam objectives. You'll prepare smarter and faster with Sybex thanks to expert content, including assessment tests that check your exam readiness, an objective map, real-world scenarios, hands-on exercises, key topic exam essentials, and challenging chapter review questions. Reinforce what you have learned with the Sybex online learning environment and test bank, accessible across multiple devices. Get prepared for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate Level Exam today.
Coverage of the exam objectives in this Study Guide means you'll be ready for:
- Delivering the stability, elasticity, and scalability needed by a business on AWS
- Executing the various modes of backup, restore and disaster recovery operations on AWS
- Understanding of network technologies as they relate to AWS (Route Tables, Access Control Lists, Firewalls, NAT, and DNS)
- Provisioning systems, services, and deployment automation on AWS with AWS CloudFormation, AWS OpsWorks, Amazon ECS, and AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- Deploying managed RDBMS with Amazon RDS (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, MariaDB, Amazon Aurora)
- Understanding and monitoring of metrics on AWS with Amazon CloudWatch
- Understanding of the AWS CLI and the SDKs/API tools
- Ensuring data integrity and data security on the AWS cloud
- Providing guidance on AWS best practices
Interactive learning environment
Take your exam prep to the next level with Sybex's superior interactive online study tools. To access our learning environment, simply visit http://www.wiley.com/go/sybextestprep, type in your unique PIN, and instantly gain access to:
- Interactive test bank with 2 practice exams. Practice exams help you identify areas where further review is needed. Get more than 90% of the answers correct, and you're ready to take the certification exam. 100 questions total!
- 100 electronic flashcards to reinforce learning and last-minute prep before the exam.
- Comprehensive glossary in PDF format gives you instant access to the key terms so you are fully prepared.
- FREE access to Sybex's online interactive learning environment and study tools for one year.
AWS Certifications recognize IT professionals with the technical skills and expertise to design, deploy, and operate applications and infrastructure on AWS. Exams are offered in multiple languages at testing centers around the world.
The AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate Exam is intended for individuals with experience automating and creating repeatable deployments of networks and systems on the AWS Cloud.
About the Author
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Review this product
2 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Updated on Nov 4th, 2017 ---
with my AWS SysOps Exam and hence I thought to update my review as I promised.
As I mentioned earlier regarding AWS SA Certified exam guide, I would suggest everyone preparing for the exam to buy this book at least to practice for its companion online test bank and flash card for last day review. I literally found several of questions from test bank appeared in my exam while few more were closely resembling. While I read almost entire book even though it is too much descriptive and often difficult than AWS document, but at the end of Summary section, quick tips and exercise are very useful resources. And Assessment test at the beginning of the book and 2 online-only tests are great way to gain confident before facing a real exam. I also believe at the end of chapter exercises would definitely useful for someone preparing for Developer Exam as most of them are command line based instruction instead of console based. I believe author may have intentionally developed all this exercise to help from developer perspective. With so many video based training makes learning easy, but books always helps to fill gaps.
Overall, I would recommend anyone to buy this book who is preparing for exam.
It is money well spent. And also changing from 4 to 5 start.
For me, this made the book more accessible – this is a book you can sit down and read. That said, the material is dense - read this (if possible) a chapter per sitting, when you are fresh, and take some time to think over what you read. I spent quite some time thinking ‘so how would this apply to a large scale production system’. Also spend time on the ‘Exam Essentials’ at the end of each chapter they are ‘gold’.
Another reviewer mentioned ‘poorly formatted’. I completely disagree. The book is formatted the same as the SA Cert prep book – chapter, then exam essentials, hands on exercises, and a set of ~20 questions that are chapter specific. I found it easy to jump back to the appropriate section if I missed a question in the chapter quiz. I also found the order in which the authors presented topics to be well thought out, which also helped with ‘readability’.
I received the book late in my prep for the exam, and delayed sitting for the exam as a result. I did have a concern that the book and my previous study materials would not align, but this was not the case. The book is ordered differently than the ACG online course, and in most cases the book provides more context and examples. I found a combination of the online course and the book very effective in helping me retain both concepts and facts (and you need both to pass this exam).
My path to certification included this book, the A Cloud Guru SysOps online Cert course, and two different ‘practice exam’ products, (one from Whizlabs and one from BrainCert.
The book mentions using practice tests as a study aid, and I am a proponent. I took every practice test available, then went back to review the wrong answers on every practice test 3-4 times over the course of several weeks to understand why the right answer was the right answer. This often led to reviewing the AWS documentation on a specific subject.
I will say, i read this book cover to cover once, a few chapters multiple times, and took the practice tests and quizzes multiple times. I also watched the CBT Nuggets video series however i would not recommend it as it only gave a very high level overview.
If you read this book, take the chapter end quizzes, do the exercises, and the practice quizzes/flash cards you should do well on the exam.