The real Vedic process of social organization is what is called varna and ashrama. It was meant to help everyone progress throughout life, to live happily in a career that suites the talents, interests, and intellectual level of the person, and to guide them toward attaining higher levels of consciousness, awareness and understanding. That is why any confusion about the difference between today’s caste system and the real Vedic varnashrama system must be cleared up.
This book goes into detail about,
* What is the real varnashrama system of social organization and how it works.
* How the present-day caste system got started.
* How we can correct this misunderstanding and be rid of the present-day caste system.
* Where the Vedic literature explains how the caste by birth system is unjust.
* The benefits of following the varnashrama system.
* How the Vedic varnashrama system of social arrangement was to help propel everyone to the spiritual domain.
* How an analysis of the modes of nature with which we associate can help determine what is our most natural varna or occupational class.
* How the varna system is a natural process of selecting one’s occupation and career by recognizing a person’s natural interests, talents, tendencies, proclivities, and intellectual capacity.
This is a process that is used by many schools and colleges today, but was started many years ago in the Vedic tradition.
This book will help show the difference between what has become the present caste system, and why it is unnecessary and even harmful to Hinduism and Indian society, and explain the value of the Vedic system of varna and ashrama.