You don't need to own a Kindle device to enjoy Kindle books. Download one of our FREE Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on all your devices.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Don Casey's Complete Illustrated Sailboat Maintenance Manual: Including Inspecting the Aging Sailboat, Sailboat Hull and Deck Repair, Sailboat Refinishing, Sailbo Kindle Edition
From the Back Cover
The definitive guide from the world's best-known sailboat maintenance expert
Don Casey's Complete Illustrated Sailboat Maintenance Manual combines six core volumes into a single, utterly dependable resource that answers every frequent question, explains every major system, and helps you keep your boat and its components shipshape.
More than 2,500 clear and detailed illustrations guide you step by step through every procedure. Casey's technical virtuosity, his user-friendly explanations, and Peter Compton's diesel engine expertise make even the more complicated repairs and improvements easy to understand. This must-have guide saves you time, money, and grief as you learn the fastest, easiest, most effective ways to:
- Evaluate the condition of your boat or one you're about to purchase
- Repair structural damage to your fiberglass sailboat
- Improve or repair your sailboat's electrical system
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair your boat's diesel engine
- Put a professional-looking finish on your boat's hull, deck, spars, wood, and trim
- Make and repair sails, sail covers, dodgers, awnings, sailbags, and bimini tops
"Astoundingly clear text and line drawing illustrations. The reader can almost feel the hand-holding this book provides through each step of a repair."--Dockside
Don Casey is the author of the universally praised This Old Boat, which has helped tens of thousands of boatowners turn their rundown production boats into first-class yachts. A regular contributor to SAIL and Good Old Boat magazines, he combines more than three decades of sailing, an innate curiosity, a knack for clarity, and an eye for the telling detail to deliver reliable expertise. He and his wife, Olga, cruise the Caribbean aboard their 35-year-old, much-modified Allied Seawind. --This text refers to the hardcover edition.
About the Author
- ASIN : B006N7YEC4
- Publisher : International Marine/Ragged Mountain Press; 1st edition (6 October 2005)
- Language : English
- File size : 139600 KB
- Simultaneous device usage : Up to 4 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 1758 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: 304,081 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews: