I used this to study for the anaesthesia primary exam and it was easily my least favourite text.
It is unnecessarily wordy in sections, poorly laid out and not particularly easy to read. Compared to other physiology texts, the diagrams are poor and I find the pages unpleasant to look at. Some core concepts are really poorly explained and I found much better explanations elsewhere, for example Principles of Physiology for the Anaesthetist, Third Edition or the website cvphysiology. A number of abbreviations and terms used are also at odds with other texts, which can make it challenging to integrate the information with other sources.
- Paperback: 304 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 10 edition (17 December 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323086977
- ISBN-13: 978-0323086974
- Product Dimensions: 18.8 x 1.3 x 23.4 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 422 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 136,458 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)