I have had, and still have, an ongoing affair with McD's that has outlasted several significant relationships and shows no signs of abating anytime soon. I dine out on a regular basis and that is unlikely to change, at least in the foreseeable future. But this I know: I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT NOW!!!
I'm on a runaway going the wrong way FAST! But, I also know me, and I've decided that I might as well admit to the following facts:
1. I'm going to eat at McD's and that is just the way it is!
2. I rarely, if ever, cook for myself. I eat out.
3. I'm not going to suddenly start eating salads and the like; it ain't gonna happen!
4. I am pretty sure I'm addicted to Deit Coke! Horrors!
5. I'm a meat eater and an egg eater, and McD's has plenty of these.
6. I consider myself to be reasonably intelligent, so yes, I've read the literature; every nasty article and study known to man!
7. McD's is my microcosm. I meet clients here; I meet friends, and friends yet unmade, in this place. I write here; I study here, and so on!
8. Did I mention it has WIFI?
9. I am alone a great deal of the time and this place is comforting to em. I know the staff well, and many of the regular clientele.
10. I have my favourite spot(s) where I can plug in my IPAD and disappear into cyberspace for as long as I want.
11. I believe that this place is allowing me to pursue a higher purpose.
12. This is my SAFE place. I am not a transient, yet in my own mind, I am, for my home is very far away. I will go home one day, just not yet.
13. Here are some US stats: 50,000,000 people are served daily in FAST food restaurants. Of that number, 10,000,000 (20%) of people eat fast food twice per week. 7,000,000 (14%) eat it three or more times weekly, and 3,000,000 (6%) eat fast food seven times per week. (Reported in Oct, 2015 by www.statisticbrain.com)
14. We are not alone. The top five consumers of FAST food are the United States, France, Canada, United Kingdom, and South Korea, as reported by www.countryranker.com (Aug, 2105)
Do you relate? I know I am not alone in this ongoing battle with the dark side! I also know that today is the day that I will once again confront my demons! I don't feel like it; I don't want to; but I have to! I have to at least try! This is my story!!!