- Paperback: 480 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 6th edition (8 June 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1119480353
- ISBN-13: 978-1119480358
- Product Dimensions: 21.3 x 2.3 x 27.2 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 1 Kg
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 125,097 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ $11.28 Delivery
Building Codes Illustrated: A Guide to Understanding the 2018 International Building Code, Sixth Edition Paperback – 27 Jun 2018
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
THE BESTSELLING, FULLY ILLUSTRATED GUIDE TO THE 2018 INTERNATIONAL BUILDING CODE
Uniquely marrying the graphic skills of bestselling author Francis D. K. Ching with the code expertise of Steven R Winkel, FAIA, the new sixth edition of Building Codes Illustrated is a clear, concise, and easy-to-use visual guide to the International Building Code (IBC) for 2018. Fully updated throughout, it highlights all of the changes to the code for quick reference and easy navigation. It pulls out the portions of the building code that are most relevant for the architect and provides an easy-to-understand interpretation in both words and illustrations.
The first two chapters of Building Codes Illustrated: A Guide to Understanding the 2018 International Building Code, Sixth Edition give background and context regarding the development, organization, and use of the IBC. The following sections cover such information as: use and occupancy; building heights and areas; types of construction; fire-resistive construction; interior finishes; means of egress; accessibility; energy efficiency; roof assemblies; structural provisions; special inspections and tests; soils and foundations; building materials and systems; and more.
- A complete, user-friendly guide to code-compliant projects
- Highlights all the significant changes in the 2018 IBC
- Uses clear language and Frank Ching's distinctive illustrations to demystify the 2018 International Build Code (IBC) text
- Provides students and professionals with a fundamental understanding of IBC development, interpretation, and application
Building Codes Illustrated: A Guide to Understanding the 2018 International Building Code gives students and professionals in architecture, interior design, construction, and engineering a user-friendly, easy-to-use guide to the fundamentals of the 2018 IBC.
About the Author
FRANCIS D. K. CHING is a leading global authority on architectural drawing, and Professor Emeritus at the University of Washington in Seattle. His numerous bestselling works have been translated into 20 languages, and are widely regarded as classics for their renowned graphic presentation.
STEVEN R WINKEL, FAIA, PE CASp has over 45 years of experience as an architect, engineer, landscape architect, and California Certified Access Specialist. Steve manages the San Francisco Bay Area office of The Preview Group, Inc., and is currently serving his fourth term as the Architect member of the California Building Standards Commission. He is also on the Board of Directors of the National Institute of Building Sciences.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
If you are taking a state contractors exam. I would wholeheartedly recommend the IBC book over this book. This book does not cover every aspect of the IBC and will sometimes refer you back to the IBC book.
I purchased this book for the VA home improvement exam and had a few questions that were not covered in this manual. However, I am still very happy with this purchase.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Architecture > Drafting & Presentation
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Home Improvement & Design > How-to & Home Improvements > Design & Construction
- Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Civil & Environmental > Construction Logistics
- Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Home Construction
- Books > Textbooks & Study Guides > Textbooks > Humanities > Architecture