Building Chicken Coops For Dummies (9781119543923) was previously published as Building Chicken Coops For Dummies (9780470598962). While this version features a new Dummies cover and design, the content is the same as the prior release and should not be considered a new or updated product.
As the popularity of urban homesteading and sustainable living increases, it’s no wonder you’re in need of trusted, practical guidance on how to properly house the chickens you’re planning (or have already begun) to keep. Building Chicken Coops For Dummies gives you the information you need to build the most cost-efficient, safe, and easy-on-the-eye enclosures for your backyard flock.
This practical guide gives you easy-to-follow and customizable plans for building the backyard chicken coop that works best for you. You’ll get the basic construction know-how and key information you need to design and build a coop tailored to your flock, whether you live in a small city loft, a suburban backyard, or a small rural farm.
- Includes detailed material lists, instructions, and schematic plans for building a host of different chicken coops
- Step-by-step guidance on how to build a coop—or design your own
- Accessible for every level of reader
Whether you’re just beginning to gain an interest in a back-to-basics lifestyle or looking to add more attractive and efficient coops to your current flock‘s digs, Building Chicken Coops For Dummies gives you everything you need to build a winning coop!
From the Back Cover
- Choose your coop's best location, size, and style
- Construct a coop from the ground up
- Add solar power or electricity to your coop
Build a safe enclosure for your backyard flock
Whether you have a small city loft, a suburban backyard, or rural farm, this friendly guide gives you easy-to-follow and customizable plans for building a cost-effective backyard chicken coop. You'll not only be able to construct a safe habitat, but you can also provide creature comforts for your flock, put together a run, and plug in with electricity. You'll get basic construction know-how and key information to design and build a coop that's easy on the eyes and tailored to your flock.
- The dirt on essential tools
- The skills to build like a pro
- Tips for prepping a coop site
- Adding walls, doors, windows
- Pointers on building roosts
- Adding electricity to a coop
- Helpful schematic drawings
- Fun ideas to decorate a coop