- Free expedited shipping on products sold by Amazon AU when you purchase select textbooks. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Breville Bambino Plus Espresso Machine - Brushed Stainless Steel, BES500BSS
- Automatic steam wand allows you to adjust the milk temperature and texture to suit your taste
- Innovative Thermo Jet heating system achieves the optimum extraction temperature in 3 seconds
- Low pressure pre-infusion gradually increases pressure at the start
- Flavours are drawn out evenly during the extraction for a balanced tasting cup
- Helps ensure all the flavours are drawn out evenly during the extraction
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Kitchen appliances designed to inspire people to produce perfect food and beverage results in their own homes with ease. From espresso machines to food processors, the innovation in each appliance delights. Breville makes the process a pleasure and the end result perfect, every time.
The Bambino Plus by Breville, BES500BSS4JAN1
Café quality coffee in a compact footprint
Like a commercial machine, the Bambino Plus doesn't compromise on the 4 key elements of café quality coffee. Delivering barista-quality performance using a 54 mm portafilter with 19 g for full flavour and automatic milk texturing. With a 3 second heat up time and precise espresso extraction, you go from bean to cup, faster than ever before. Just like your local café.
The 4 keys formula for third wave specialty coffee at home:
- Rich, full flavour
- Perfectly balanced taste
- Irresistible body
- Silky, velvety mouthfeel
The 4 keys formula for third wave specialty coffee at home.
1. Rich, full flavour
Full-bodied coffee with rich and complex flavours is created using the right dose of 19-22g of freshly ground beans. This dose allows the coffee to fully express the incredible aroma, intense flavours and distinctive character of the coffee, for a true cafe quality result. Anything less than the optimal dose results in a weak and watery taste experience.
2. Perfectly balanced taste
Sweet, delicious and nuanced flavour notes begin with precise control over water temperature. Digital temperature control (PID) technology precisely controls water temperature for a perfectly balanced coffee extraction, giving you the control and consistency for delicious tasting coffee every time.
3. Irresistible body
An opulent, creamy and caramel-coloured espresso starts with low pressure pre-infusion that soaks the grinds, allowing water to pass evenly through the coffee during the high pressure (9 bar) extraction process, delivered via our 15 bar Italian pump. This results in a rich, sweet and viscous espresso.
4. Silky, velvety mouthfeel
Savour the silky taste and velvety mouthfeel of true microfoam milk. The milk is steamed with pressure that creates thousands of tiny bubbles, enhancing flavour and mouthfeel, while the temperature brings out the milk’s sweetness, exciting your taste buds, for a harmonious blend of rich, sweet milk and syrupy, golden espresso.
Special Features of the Bambino Plus
3 Second Heat Up Time
Innovative ThermoJet heating system achieves the optimum extraction temperature in 3 seconds. Ready to make your best coffee without the wait.
19 Grams Dose for Full Flavor
Achieve a consistent and balanced espresso using the right amount of ground coffee. The 54 mm portafilter with 19 grams is the key for full flavour and café quality coffee.
Low Pressure Pre-Infusion
Low pressure pre-infusion gradually increases pressure at the start and helps ensure all the flavours are drawn out evenly during the extraction for a balanced tasting cup.
Hands-free Automatic Microfoam Milk Texturing
The automatic steam wand allows you to adjust the milk temperature and texture to suit your taste. Delivering barista quality micro-foam that enhances the flavour of the coffee and is essential for creating latté art.
|the Bambino Plus||the Infuser||the Duo-Temp Pro||the Barista Express||the Oracle|
|Interface||Button Control||Analog Gauge Button Control||Dial Control||Analog Gauge Button Control||LCD Screen, Button Control|
|Hands on like a barista||✓||✓||✓|
|Cafe Quality Microfoam||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Precise Milk Temperature, Automatically||✓||✓|
|3 Second Heat Up||✓|
|Good for Entertaining||✓|
Frequently shopped for in related categories
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It is nice and compact and you’ll save on bench space. Would probably be “ok” if you’re just making coffee for one person but I wouldn’t recommend this coffee machine and I really like Breville appliances.
It looked great,but unfortunately it didn’t meet my expectation the frothing was poor and not as described in reviews.The 2 cup coffee container kept coming out of the holder.
I have returned this item for refund.
Dislike: the machine moves when attaching the portafilter to the group head. Different design of base could reduce some of that.
Here the strong points:
- It is ready to use incredibly quickly
- The coffee is really good - far better than a pod and that just using Supermarket ground coffee - and cafe quality if you buy beans and use freshly ground coffee.
- It is easy to use and does not make a big mess
- It is fairly quiet compared to some other expresso machines
- You can choose the temperature of the milk (3 seconds) and make it hot (with my Nespresso machine it was always lukewarm)
- I am not convinced by the automatic milk function. Although there are 3 froth levels to choose from, I find that it makes froth at the top but the texture of the milk at the bottom of the jug is not quite right. I have yet to experiment with the manual function to froth the milk myself. Having said that, the automatic function is very fast so that's good.
- When I first got the machine, it was incredibly hard to turn the portafilter in order to lock it in the machine (I needed Husband intervention with the single shot one). I contacted Breville's customer service (who replied very promptly) and they assured me that it would become easier with time. At the end of week 2, although it is still hard, Husband intervention is not required anymore (maybe I have become stronger!).
So overall a great purchase so far. Amazon had a very good price compared to any major retailers and I benefited from a promotion from Breville - they sent me a $50 Eftpos card.