- Hardcover: 576 pages
- Publisher: Michael Joseph; 1 edition (7 September 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0718179722
- ISBN-13: 978-0718179724
- Product Dimensions: 16.4 x 4.8 x 24.1 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 880 g
- Average Customer Review: 56 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 159,580 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $11.48 Delivery
Break The Hardcover – 7 Sep 2017
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Amy's husband Hugh has run away to 'find himself'. But will he ever come back?
'Myself and Hugh . . . We're taking a break.'
'A city-with-fancy-food sort of break?'
If only.(from the publisher's description)
The Break is Marian Keyes at her funniest, wisest, glorious best (Nina Stibbe)
The Break races along with Keyes' trademark energy, lightness of touch and plenty of laughs (Sunday Express)
Breathlessly entertaining (Connaught Telegraph)
Keyes writes extremely well about modern women. A breezy, candid and deeply felt account of a wife, mother and career woman rediscovering herself (Metro)
Girl-power at its best. I laughed . . . I cried (Sarah Lawrence Daily Mail)
Another belter. Full of brilliantly fun characters, genuine emotion and heaps of charm. We loved it!
A snappy narrator and a raucous cast of characters make The Break another classic from Marian Keyes (Sunday Express)
Classic Marian Keyes: a blizzard of wit and wisecracks. Mercilessly funny (The Times)
From the Publisher
'Myself and Hugh, We're taking a break'
At 44 Amy O'Connell thinks she's seen, heard or done it all. Until her husband Hugh announces he needs a break - from her. He is going backpacking for six months round Asia where he can do what he wants - and this is the scary bit - with anyone he wants.
'WTAF?' thinks Amy. What's she to do? Stay loyal to disloyal Hugh? Allow her ex-husband back into her life? Run away herself? And what about the children? A lot can happen in six months. Will Hugh return as the same man? And will she still be the same woman there waiting for him?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Showing 1-8 of 56 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Some great characters. all in all however not her best, which for me remains The Charming Man.
The characters were great, the story so intreging that i stayed up until the early hours of the morning - i just couldnt put it down.
I listened to the audio book and the narrator is one of the best i have listened to - lived it all.
Just downloaded another audio book so hopefully this one is just as good
As a male reading this, I can certainly relate to men being perceived to be the cause when things go wrong in the relationship 100% of the time lol.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Humour > Love, Sex & Marriage
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Family Life
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Humour & Satire > Humorous
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Literary
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Domestic Life
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Romance > Romantic Comedy