Presented in workbook format, this short and easy to read hypnobirthing programme from Blissful Birth will take you step by step through exercises that will empower you to have a positive birth experience for you and your baby, without all the 'airy-fairy' filler you find in so many pregnancy books.
Here are some of the things you'll learn when you read this book:
• An astonishing 10 minute exercise that will help you go into labour feeling confident, relaxed and in-control.
• How to create the perfect environment for a positive birth experience, even if you are going to a hospital.
• Step by step instructions on using self-hypnosis to relax deeply (and the number one rule you must follow when giving yourself hypnotic suggestions).
• 4 ways you can relax completely, both physically and mentally, any time you choose (what's more, you can use these during pregnancy as well as during labour).
• How to take control of your emotions and instantly change your mood.
• The power word which can help you stay in control in when giving birth (but only if used the right way) and the word to avoid at all costs in the delivery room.
• A little known trick (discovered by a Spanish surgeon in 1972) that virtually eliminates fear and pain during labour - without using any drugs.
• How your favourite celebrity can help you stay positive about giving birth (and not even know about it personally).
• The three biggest worries that birth partners have (and why dealing with these before labour starts can result in an easier birth for you and your baby)
• 8 simple questions you must ask yourself regularly during pregnancy
• The 100 year old secret that lets you give yourself powerful hypnotic suggestions, without actually using hypnosis (plus 10 childbirth specific suggestions you can start using right away to get yourself ready for the big day).
• 8 powerful ways to control pain in labour without drugs (some of these are so powerful that they've been used for medical operations where the patient is allergic to anaesthetic).
• The secret hand gesture (used by yoga masters) that you can use during labour to create deep relaxation or confidence instantly.
• The single most important thing you can do in early labour to put your mind at ease.
• The single most important thing your birth partner can do when you reach the transition phase, especially if you feel "foggy".
• The birthing position that has been scientifically proven to be least painful (and why your midwife is almost guaranteed not to suggest it)
• The three things to tell your midwife so she can help you have a positive and empowering birth experience.
• 14 things to consider when writing your birth plan (and why thinking about these things before labour starts can save you a lot of stress and guilt later)
• How using self-hypnosis can help you relax, remain calm and in control regardless of what is going on around you (you get 11 self-hypnosis suggestions you can use word-for-word and step by step instructions on how to go into self-hypnosis).
And much, much more...
Using the exercises in this book, especially when accompanied by the three MP3 tracks (available separately: search Amazon for "Blissful Birth hypnobirthing"), can give you a sense of calmness and control as you prepare your birth plan, as well as saving you a fortune on alternative hypnobirthing classes.