- For primary schools keen to use Bits & Bytes we have a special offer. Save 5% on each game when purchasing 3 or more games, 10% for 5 or more games, and 15% for 10 or more games. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
Bits and Bytes - The Card Game That Teaches Children The Fundamentals of Computer Coding
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfilment centres, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you will especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Delivery.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Children have fun playing without realising they are learning the fundamentals of computer coding
- Recommended in the Teach Computer Science guide (prepared by Computing at School Scotland in conjunction with the University of Edinburgh, University of Glasgow and the University of Sterling)
- Suitable for up to 9 years, especially between ages of 4 and 7
- Is simple to play and requires no specific computer coding knowledge on behalf of adults or children playing
- Teaches STEM skills required by the new National Curriculum in England, Scotland and other countries for teaching children the fundamentals of computer coding
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Bits and Bytes has been recommended by the Good Toy Guide
Bits and Bytes is an exciting, fun and easy to play game with vibrant characters that appeal to children of all ages. It engages and empowers children, encouraging them to learn through play.
The goal of Bits and Bytes is for each player to guide their character (program) to their home planet, Ram, by issuing instructions (turn right, turn left, move forward, turn around). At the same time they have to avoid Walls, Bugs and the dreaded CPU.
Sounds simple, right? But that’s the point.
Children are having fun playing a card game but at the same time they are creating computer concepts, like algorithms and the sequencing of instructions, and they are learning the invaluable skill of problem solving. And by doing so they are developing a logical mind-set, which is a fundamental requirement for coding/programming (and many other subjects).
The National Curriculum in England requires all children in primary schools (from ages 4 to 9) to learn computer coding/programming. Bits and Bytes is an invaluable STEM tool to assist parents, teachers and children to learn the fundamentals of computer coding in a fun way - without using a computer or requiring any knowledge of computers.
Bits and Bytes has been recommended in the Guide for Early Years and Primary Practitioners (by Computing at School Scotland, the University of Edinburgh, University of Glasgow and University of Sterling) to teach young children the concepts of creating and following step by step instructions without needing to buy expensive computers and robots.
Professionally printed on premium cards (100) of two different sizes
Includes game rules (in English and foreign languages can be downloaded from the website) - new version for easier understanding
Shrink-wrapped in a high quality custom box
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|