Robert Friedland is the Steve Jobs of junior mining companies. As it turns out, they knew each other, if briefly.
Anyone who aspires to high level business negotiations in any industry would be well served to read this book. You may never be "that guy" and I frankly hope you never do, but you probably sit across the table from someone like him all the time.
In counterpoint to "A. Reader" (the only 4-star review so far) the book did not start out slow to my eye. Author Jacquie McNish can tell a true story so that it reads like fast-paced fiction. She did a masterful job of research and reporting, then wrapped the whole thing into an amazingly difficult to put down book.
If you have interest in penny stocks, mining, or business negotiations, you owe it to yourself to read this one.
- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Doubleday of Canada (19 October 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0385259069
- ISBN-13: 978-0385259064
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 2.1 x 22.5 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 621 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 7,610 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)