It’s great to have all these stories collected together, in some cases for the first time in almost a century.
The stories are grouped, by editor, into three sections and having them like this allows you to more clearly follow Hammett, and the Op’s, evolution over the stories.
As well as informative intros at the start of each section many of the stories also include notes by the author.
As for the format, the text is printed in two columns per page which initially seemed a little odd but I feel actually meant I read through some of the stories at a far faster pace which suits them. The paper quality is arguably not the highest, but it also added to the feel of reading pulp stories.
- Paperback: 752 pages
- Publisher: Vintage Crime/Black Lizard (28 November 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0525432957
- ISBN-13: 978-0525432951
- Product Dimensions: 17.8 x 3.2 x 23 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 816 g
- Customer Reviews: 48 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 126,357 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)