Americans have never been more health- and diet-conscious, yet the percentage of overweight Americans is greater than ever before. Could the fat-free diet often promoted for weight loss and health actually be causing sugar cravings, weight gain, fatigue, and other serious problems?
Based on a revolutionary dietary model using healthful essential fats and lower carbohydrate intake, Beyond Pritikin is a complete lifestyle regimen for health, weight loss, and longevity. In this updated program, informed by the latest scientific research, Ann Louise Gittleman, former director of nutrition at the Pritikin Longevity Center, tells you how to lower cholesterol, revitalize your immune system, control weight, and slow the aging process—the major health concerns of our time.
Beyond Pritikin includes:
• The compete guide to the essential fats: how they work, and what foods and dietary supplements contain them
• How carbohydrates, when not balanced in the diet by sufficient protein and fat, stimulate insulin production—which promotes the storage of body fat
• Fat-burning nutrients—natural substances that boost the body’s ability to burn fat
• The original two-week “fat flush” to help detoxify your body and jump-start weight loss
• A 21-day eating program for natural weight loss—including balanced meal plans and delicious recipes to satisfy every taste
• Advice on how to purchase, store, and prepare foods on the Beyond Pritikin Diet Plan
• Plus vital information on the benefits of foods once considered “bad,” the dangers of some “heart-healthy” foods, and much more!