Follow the Authors
Beyond Performance: How Great Organizations Build Ultimate Competitive Advantage Hardcover – 27 May 2011
There is a newer edition of this item:
Enhance your purchase
In an ever-changing world where only a third of excellent organizations stay that way over the long term, and where even fewer are able to implement successful change programs, leaders are in need of big ideas and new tools to thrive. In Beyond Performance, McKinsey & Company's Scott Keller and Colin Price give you everything you need to build an organization that can execute in the short run and has the vitality to prosper over the long term.
Drawing on the most exhaustive research effort of its kind on organizational effectiveness and change management, Keller and Price put hard science behind their big idea: that the health of an organization is equally as important as its performance. In the book's foreword, management guru Gary Hamel refers to this notion as "a new manifesto for thinking about organizations."
- The authors illustrate why copying management best practices from other companies is more dangerous than helpful
- Clearly explains how to determine the mutually reinforcing combination of management practices that best fits your organization's context
- Provides practical tools to achieve superior levels of performance and health through a staged change process: aspire, assess, architect, act, and advance. Among these are new techniques for dealing with those aspects of human behavior that are seemingly irrational (and therefore confound even the smartest leaders), yet entirely predictable
Ultimately, building a healthy organization is an intangible asset that competitors copy at their peril and that enables you to skillfully adapt to and shape your environment faster than others?giving you the ultimate competitive advantage.
From the Inside Flap
Evidence shows that only a third of organizations that achieve excellence are able to maintain it over decades. Even fewer manage to implement successful transformation programs. These statistics have devastating implications. In business, most of today's companies will falter within twenty years. In government, the majority of reform programs will fail. So will most efforts to create broader social change.
This book is written for those who intend to beat these odds. Based on one of the most extensive research efforts ever undertaken in the field of management, Beyond Performance shows how leaders can deliver performance today while also ensuring that their organizations stay fitfor the future.
- Publisher : Wiley; 1st edition (27 May 2011)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 304 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1118024621
- ISBN-13 : 978-1118024621
- Dimensions : 15.75 x 3.3 x 22.61 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 524,124 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: