"One of the best books on the planet about bed bugs."--Hubpages
"Chock-full of information on the bedbug, its history, its life cycle and its current place in our ecosystem. Most importantly, the book is a useful guide for prevention of bedbugs and treatment if they do show up."--TheStar.com
"Your complete guide to prevention and extermination of [these] critters."--Cottages&Gardens
Bed bugs were believed to have been eradicated by DDT and organophosphates in the 1950s, but they are now reaching epidemic levels. Some cities have seen a 1000% increase in bed bug infestations. Exterminators were unprepared for the resurgence of these tiny pests and the public is now scrambling for information on how they spread and how to get rid of them. The Bed Bug Book has the answers. A professional pest control manager and bed bug expert with over twenty-five years in the industry details:
- The complete history of bed bugs
- The biology of bed bugs--their life cycles with photos of each stage of growth
- A guide to prevention--what to look for when you're traveling and steps you can take to protect your home
- A guide to detection
- A guide to treatments--dusts, liquids, steam, etc., and how to choose the best solution for you and your loved ones
- How to choose a pest management company--what to expect and what it will cost
- 10 case studies from the author's own experience with clients who had bed bugs
- 104 essential things to know about bed bugs
- Extensive references to help you choose a pest control company, know your rights as a tenant or landlord, and suggestions for further reading
Based on years of first-hand experience, Ralph H. Maestre tells you how to spot bed bugs in your home, hotel, or on the go, how to identify a bed bug bite, and most importantly, the steps you must take to get rid of these pests. Includes 104 essential things to know about bed bugs, handy tips for travelers, advice on buying vintage and second hand goods, what to expect when the exterminators come, and how to protect yourself against future infestations. Includes green methods and environmentally-friendly solutions.
Remember, bed bugs can affect anyonefrom newborns to the elderly, everyone is at risk. So don’t let the bed bugs bite! Spot them early, take action, and get on with your life.