This is not your traditional Wing Chun style. The author has specifically presented a simplified version of the art, with only 40-odd movements, but it is also modernized and applied to the most likely self-defense scenarios in the West. Movements are allowed to be very loose, which is not usually taught in Wing Chun, and all have been adapted for confrontation with a kickboxing-style brawler you would likely encounter on the streets or bars of America and Europe.
One of the greatest features is the training plan, linked in the back of the book. By means of that, you will be able to cover all of the techniques in under 90 sessions. That will give you a great head-start if you are beginning to train on your own. Of course, you will make the greatest progress if you have an instructor. But if that is difficult for you (due to funds, or distance) than this book used along with a few visits with a Sifu will still translate into great progress.
My only complaint - Some of the illustrations and descriptions are difficult to decipher. But a simple search on YouTube will lead to many videos and tutorials. I suggest both are used for ultimate benefit.
Great Wing Chun book. Simple explanations and illustrations provide all the principles of Wing Chun.
The title says it offers basic Wing Chun training and that's what I got from it. It's been a big help in filling in gaps in my understanding of Wing Chun training. There's a lot of great, well-explained drills and then there's a training schedule included.
Another good book by Sam Fury. A good introduction to Wing Chun.
Teach Yourself Wing Chun Adapted for the Streets!
This is Wing Chun martial arts training as modern self defense.
It starts with Wing Chun techniques for beginners and advances up to sticky hands (Wing Chun Chi Sao).
Anyone interested in martial arts will learn from these Wing Chun training techniques. Those who will benefit most are:
- People who are thinking about learning Wing Chun Kung Fu but first want an insight.
- Those who want to know basic principles and techniques before joining a Wing Chun dojo.
- Beginners who want to supplement their training.
- Anyone that wants to learn how to adapt classic Wing Chun to the streets of today.
- Teachers of Wing Chun Kung Fu who want some ideas on training beginner students.
- Anyone that wants to self-train in Wing Chun Kung Fu.
You'll love this Wing Chun training manual, because it adapts a proven martial art to the streets of today!
Get it now.
Includes 4 Free Bonuses!
Get your copy of Basic Wing Chun Training today and you will also receive:
- A never-ending Wing Chun training schedule
- A complete PDF copy of Sam Fury's book "Ground Fighting Techniques to Destroy Your Enemy"
- How to do the Survival Fitness Plan Super Burpee. A warm-up, stretch, and conditioning workout all in one exercise.
- A 15-minute yoga stretch routine for increased flexibility, strength, and balance
Jam-packed with Wing Chun Training Techniques
- The legendary Wing Chun punch
- Wing Chun strikes including punches, kicks, elbows, knees, and the chop
- Trapping and grabbing
- Interception and counter-attack
- Repeating punches
- Defending against common attacks and combinations
... and much more!
Contains 42 Wing Chun Lessons, 97 Training Exercises, and a Never-Ending Training Timetable!
- Basic Wing Chun theory is embedded into practical lessons
- Conditioning exercises to give your body the strength to do the techniques
- Basic footwork for speed and balance
- The Centerline Principle (a core concept in Wing Chun)
- Wing Chun training drills for developing lightning fast reflexes
- The direct line principle
- Use of training equipment
- Correct body alignment and weight distribution for greatest stability, speed, and power
Learn Traditional Wing Chun Hand Techniques
- Tan Sau (Dispersing Hand)
- Pak Sau (Slapping Hand)
- Bong Sau (Wing Arm)
- Lap Sau (Pulling Hand)
- Kau Sau (Detaining Hand)
- Fut Sau (Outward Palm Arm)
- Gum Sau (Pressing Hand)
- Biu Sau (Darting Hand)
This Wing Chun book is perfect for self defense. It does not rely on strength or physical size to be effective.
Discover how you can adapt classic Wing Chun to the streets, because the traditional stuff doesn't work in a brawl!
Get it now.