My son is almost 5. I wanted to start teaching him how to appreciate differences at a young age.
We spent 25 minutes on the page below. He had so many questions and responses.
1. Why is the boy in a wheelchair
Can her walk? Can he run? Does someone carry him?
2. Why does the boy have spots on his body
3. Why is he wearing an eye patch
I don’t like him....( Me: mommy use to wear an eye patch, would you not like me? That would hurt my feelings..) He restated, he felt bad for him. (Me: Why? He can walk, run, eat, laugh, play....)
4. Is that girl strong, she looks bigger and stronger...Is the girl next to her strong?
5. Why is she so dark?
6. That boy is wearing glasses, he is whiter than Max.
7. Why is that boy holding his hand like that?
8. I can’t do a cartwheel can you do one?
I’m so thankful we are starting these conversations now, in a safe environment.
- Hardcover: 64 pages
- Publisher: Barefoot Books (1 November 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781782852964
- ISBN-13: 978-1782852964
- ASIN: 1782852964
- Product Dimensions: 27.9 x 0.6 x 33 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 780 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 162,646 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)