I put off reading this book, but it was completely worth the wait. Yes it is about a woman of color in the USA and some chapters didn’t relate to me a white woman in Australia - those were the chapters where I listened & learned another woman’s perspective. But for more than 2/3 of the chapters my heart sang, I smiled, I knew a shared solidarity of parallel existence.
Every woman in the global north needs to read this book if she hopes to be a better feminist.
- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 11 hours and 3 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Audible Studios
- Audible.com.au Release Date: 28 December 2015
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English, English
- ASIN: B0198QHQPI
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 4,421 in Audible (See Top 100 in Audible)