I'm torn on my opinion of this book. It was such a brutally honest memoir of the authors time at an Australian boarding school when she was just fourteen years old. Rebecca does not sugar coat her involvement in the horrendous bullying that occurred at this place, and about what she herself was put through. She is also so open about her confusion and anxiety over her sexual preferences, and the path that she takes to find herself.
My problem with this book is that at times it was so disjointed, jumping from her teen years to her uni days and to present day so often it left me a little confused at times.
Still worth a read, an interesting story.
- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 7 hours and 15 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Audible Studios
- Audible.com.au Release Date: 16 July 2015
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English, English
- ASIN: B0117UZF1U
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 37,771 in Audible (See Top 100 in Audible)