I'm torn on my opinion of this book. It was such a brutally honest memoir of the authors time at an Australian boarding school when she was just fourteen years old. Rebecca does not sugar coat her involvement in the horrendous bullying that occurred at this place, and about what she herself was put through. She is also so open about her confusion and anxiety over her sexual preferences, and the path that she takes to find herself.
My problem with this book is that at times it was so disjointed, jumping from her teen years to her uni days and to present day so often it left me a little confused at times.
Still worth a read, an interesting story.
- Mass Market Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: Allen & Unwin (24 February 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1760292680
- ISBN-13: 978-1760292683
- Package Dimensions: 19.4 x 12.8 x 2 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 259 g
- Average Customer Review: 8 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 139,313 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)