HELLNOTES raves: "Thrilling and chilling and nostalgic in all the right places...these stories are excellent across the board. Bad Apples is a welcome addition to the genre, and one that you can come back to year after year when autumnal darkness descends. Recommended."
The five freshest voices in horror will make you reconsider leaving the house on October 31st. Novellas and short stories include:
• A brother and sister creep out of the darkness with bags full of deadly tricks in Gregor Xane's THE RIGGLE TWINS.
• A boy with a misshapen skull just wants to be normal in Evans Light's PUMPKINHEAD TED.
• A group of thrill seekers learn that looking for terror is a whole lot more fun than finding it in Adam Light's GHOST LIGHT ROAD.
• Two bullies go looking for trouble but instead find a young boy and his imaginary friend in Jason Parent's EASY PICKINGS.
• When a mysterious, Halloween-themed attraction comes to the town of Bay's End, everyone is dying to pay a visit in Edward Lorn's THE SCARE ROWS.
Buy the paperback and get FREE matchbook pricing on the eBook from Amazon.
(This book contains adult content and is suitable for mature readers only.)
About Corpus Press:Corpus Press is a publisher of horror and weird fiction, specializing in modern pulp that emphasizes plot over gore. Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, the press has garnered praise from SCREAM Magazine, Cemetery Dance, Horror Novel Reviews, Hellnotes and others for its Bad Apples: Slices of Halloween Horror series, the anthology Dead Roses: Five Dark Tales of Twisted Love, and for its short story collections and novellas.
Horror anthologies and collections from Corpus Press:
- Screamscapes: Tales of Terror
- Toes Up: Horror to Die For
- Dead Roses: Five Dark Tales of Twisted Love
Halloween horror books from Corpus Press:
- Doorbells at Dusk: Halloween Stories
- Bad Apples: Five Slices of Halloween Horror
- Bad Apples 2: Six Slices of Halloween Horror
- Bad Apples 3: Seven Slices of Halloween Horror
About the Author
EVANS LIGHT is the author of Screamscapes: Tales of Terror, the novella Arboreatum, Don't Need No Water, and more. He currently resides in a warm, southern state surrounded by thousands of vintage horror paperbacks, and is the proud father of fine sons and the lucky husband of a beautiful wife, and is co-creator of Dead Roses and the Bad Apples anthology series.
EDWARD LORN lives in the southeast United States with his wife and two children. He is currently working on his next novel.
In his head, JASON PARENT lives in many places, but in the real world, he calls New England his home with his cuddly corgi named Calypso. The region offers an abundance of settings for his writing and many wonderful places in which to write them. He is the author of the novels Seeing Evil and What Hides Within, the collection Wrathbone and Other Stories as well as many published short stories.
GREGOR XANE lives in Ohio. When he's not writing, you'll find him drinking an orange soda and hugging a bucket of fried chicken outside your bedroom window. He's the author of the novellas Six Dead Spots, The Hanover Block, Taboogasm, and the forthcoming Brides of Hanover Block. His short story "It Came From Hell and Smashed the Angels" is available as a free eBook download from just about everywhere.