Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Follow the Author
Bacon Sandwiches and Salvation Kindle Edition
Kindle Monthly Deals
New deals each month starting at $1.49. Learn more
About the Author
- ASIN : B0058ODQJK
- Publisher : Authentic Media (4 February 2007)
- Language : English
- File size : 1049 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 192 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: 588,443 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Review this product
Top review from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This book was funny and insightful.
Top reviews from other countries
I have a few tweaks of my own but Adrian Plass is obviously more of a commedian than me :
Ascension of Acts 1v9- a highly significant and reassuring symbolic event for Christians as it demonstrates the preservation of the individual person in the spiritual realm. However it could also demonstrate that the author of Acts 1v9 assumed, as many 1st Century people did, that heaven was just above the sky and so if Christ returned to heaven then he must have flown up into the sky like Elijah was thought to have by the author of 2 Kings 2v11
Atheist - Could be someone who values and agrees with the caring, kind, ethical ideas in the Bible but rejects the cruel, grossly severe, unjust ones. Someone who thinks that since a loving God would not let people suffer, there might not be anyone there.
Gambling- vice generally held to be disapproved of by God, so how come some think that a loving God would play Russian roulette with souls on the basis of winning 1 in a 100 ? Luke ch15 thought Jesus was about leaving the 99% in safety and finding the other 1% as well. 1 Tim 4v10 says, "we have put our hope in God who is the saviour of all men "
Gehenna- word later translated into 'hell' but which was originally a rubbish dump outside Jerusalem were there was a constant fire burning. Was Jesus just speaking metaphorically when he mentioned Gehenna [Hades & Tartarus were ideas from Greek mythology (2 Peter 2v4) ] ? Maybe he meant that if you don't aim to be caring ( Matt 7v12) and avoid harming others ( Romans 13v10 ) then your life could become rubbish.
Good news - there is no hell to worry about since a perfect competent God would save us from one. Jesus Christ superhero deleted it. Surely an Almighty God would cause people to faint / switch them off before they did serious crime or harm?
Rapture - An idea hyped by the Left Behind fiction novels of Tim LaHaye and
Jerry Jenkins. Bible scholar Robert M. Price in his book " The paperback apocalypse " shows there is very little basis to such ideas in the Bible. He also observes that Matt 16v28, Mark 9v1, Matt 24v34, Luke 9v27 have Jesus say he would return before those listening to him died i.e 1st Century
Version of the Bible - I can't believe it's not the Word of God