- Product Dimensions: 49.5 x 34.3 x 15.2 cm ; 1.09 Kg
- Boxed-product Weight: 1.2 Kg
- Item Model Number: 1159BLK
- ASIN: B07P1SFHK3
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 8 May 2019
- Customer Reviews: 275 customer ratings
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
59,426 in Clothing, Shoes & Accessories (See Top 100 in Clothing, Shoes & Accessories)
- #357 in Casual Daypack Backpacks
Matein Carry on Backpack, Extra Large Travel Backpack Expandable Flight Approved Weekender Bag for Men & Women, Water Resistant Lightweight Luggage Daypack for Airplane 40L, Black
+ $23.21 Delivery
- EXPANDABLE & LARGE CAPACITY: Extra large backpack with expandable feature give you more packing capacity. Unzip to expand 40L storage can easily hold packing cubes, toiletry bag, make-up bag, outfits, camera bag and gear, snacks, etc. Standard carry on size travel backpack fits overhead and under seat, is ideal for frequent flyer, weekend traveler, or occasional vacationer. This versatile luggage backpack also meets airline carry-on requirements, for airlines such as Easy Jet, Spirit, Jet Blue,
- CONVERTIBLE DESIGN: Hideaway shoulder straps disconnect easily and store away in zippered back panel, transform the bag in carry-on duffel or briefcase style and give it a minimalist look and a more flexible carrying experience. A luggage strap designed on back allows backpack fit on luggage / suitcase, slide over the luggage upright handle tube for easier carry on international travel or cruise
- EASY TO CARRY: The luggage backpack is light to carry due to its adjustable shoulder straps, comfortable air-mesh ventilated back panel. Two padded grab handles are set both on top and side of the travel backpack, make it easy to take the bag from an overhead bin.
- BUILT FOR TRAVEL: One organizer compartment for little gear. 4 external compression straps keeps contents from sloshing around and are useful to get an inch or two more of vertical space also reduced stress on the zippers. The large inside pocket has internal compression velcro straps as well. The padded straps include a sternum strap that can be adjusted upward or downward, set to go across your chest, distribute the weight from your shoulder
- DURABLE & LIFETIME WARRANTY: Made of water resistant lightweight polyester and lockable zipper heads. Survived different temperatures. With study zippers and decent stitching, this large travel backpack won't show any defects when on the go, ensure you have a unforgettable weekend getaway, international flight
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Organized Large Carry On Backpack:
1.The roomy main oversized compartment with full-perimeter zip allows for easy opening and packing,also provide a large storage for clothes, packing cubes, toiletry bags, camera gear, and daily necessities, travel accessories etc. Well design for travelers, weekenders
2.Inner adjustable straps in the main compartment are smart in length and adjust from "high" to "low" cinch positions, keeping travel supplies from shifting.
3.Features organizer pocket for travel essentials, from passport to wires or any other thin accessories.
4.One convenient front pockets: for small items like ipad, notebook, e-book, earphone
Tips for Better Travel with This Bag:
✈.Travel backpack comes with low-profile top and side handles for safe lifting from trunks and overhead compartments, and from beneath a seat
✈.The backpack can also be loaded onto a rolling luggage handle thanks to luggage / suitcase sleeve
✈.Compression straps are carefully placed to provide maximum compression and reduce stress on the zippers
✈.Full expansion zipper adds over 15% of packing space, very useful to get an inch or two more of vertical space if needed
✈.Adjustable sternum strap can reduce the stress of your shoulder
✈.The crazy padding on this backpack offers comfort whether carrying the backpack in your hands, over two shoulder or one.
✈.The zipper head is lockable so that you can find a lock to lock the bag for security
Normal Size:19.5*13.5*6 Inch
Expanded Size:19.5*13.5*7.5 Inch
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
|5 star 80% (80%)||80%|
|4 star 15% (15%)||15%|
|3 star 2% (2%)||2%|
|2 star 1% (1%)||1%|
|1 star 3% (3%)||3%|
Review this product
Top international reviews
One word for the Matein: Yes.
First off, size does matter. For me, a 35L bag was what I landed on being the right size for these trips. 40-45L was too big...filled full, weighs too much and is more than I need for 2-3 day trips. I'm 6'2" @ about 200lbs. Here is my typical gear assortment that this bag needs to handle:
1. 2 pairs of size13 shoes, one a leather loafer and one a cross trainer/running shoe.
2. ebags Slim 2.8 x 14 x 5" packing cube for 3 days of socks & underwear
3. ebags Slim 2.8 x 14 x 5" packing cube for workout shorts, shirts, socks and laundry bag
4. ebags Medium 13.75 x 9.75 x 3" packing cube for 3 long sleeve button down shirts and one pair of jeans/pants
5. One jacket/vest outerwear item (puffer jacket, fleece, travel blazer)
6. 15" lenovo laptop and charger
7. 3x9x4" electronics/cable case for phone charger, 3 USB cords, travel mouse, usb sticks, etc.
8. 7.5"x9.75" Moleskin notebook
9. Passport folio w cards, passports, photos, personal effects
10. Anker Powercore 20100 - a beast (6.6 x 2.4 x 0.9in at 12.5 oz)
This bag holds it all without expanding. The walls have some rigidity - ease of packing. Zippers are high quality and move freely and are lockable. Shoulder straps and back panel are well padded and mesh lined. The large inner compartment has an elastic hold down strap as well as mesh and zippered compartment. Compression straps on outer sides keep the bag stable and items from slopping around internally.
The other bags were missing a couple of key features such as either inner or outer compression straps, padded pockets, lightweight/non-durable polyester and/or junk zippers.
I suspect this bag will last at least 200k air miles or 2-3 years. Benchmark for quality is my Victorinox 21" roller which I've had for 600K miles and is still gliding smooth, zippers functioning well but of course, has it's bumps and bruises.
Matein seems new to the Amazon lineup and is backed with a lifetime (limited) warranty.
Great product. Great buy.
I’ve previously used a book bag as a travel backpack, but being a top loading bag, digging down into it to get what I need is an inconvenience. When constantly on the move, unpacking for one or two nights is a chore, so a bag like the Matein that opens out like a suitcase is a much more practical choice.
I bought this bag along with an eBags Mother Lode as both seemed to be good and I couldn’t decide just from the online info. Both look to be well made, but I kept the Matein and returned the eBags Mother Lode.
The eBags Mother Lode has more padding in the shoulder straps but no padding on the back. The padding on the Matein straps is thinner than the eBag but adequate, and it’s nice to have some padding at your back so you don’t get completely poked if you don’t pack right. The eBags Mother Lode came with a shoulder strap and a waist belt, neither of which I need.
The overall fit and finish of this bag is quite nice. All of the walls are padded. The zippers look to be rugged and of good quality. I did not have any problems with snagging when running the zippers around the corners of the bag.
There is a strap on the back of the bag to secure it to the handle of a roller bag. The shoulder straps are stowed inside a large pocket that could be used for a laptop; there is no separate laptop compartment. The straps attach at the bottom of the bag with metal clips and rings that are easy to operate, in contrast to the plastic ones on the eBags Mother Lode unit, which I found a little hard to disengage. The Matein straps look to be well attached at the top and the bottom rings are sewn into reinforced triangle-shaped flaps that look like they will take quite a bit of stress.
The hand straps at the top and side of the bag aren’t as well padded as the eBags Mother Lode, but considering that this is supposed to be a backpack, I don’t have any issue with this; they’ll serve just fine.
The product description says there are Velcro compression straps inside the main compartment. This is incorrect (The description may have been corrected by the time you read this.). The retainer system consists of four elastic bands that connect in the middle with a clip. This is the only weakness I found in the bag, and was a disappointment to me, and why my rating is four stars instead of five, as the elastic doesn’t seem much stronger than that in my Jockey shorts, and doesn’t look like it will last all that long. But in the event that the elastic fails, the external compression straps will more than likely suffice. By the way, compression straps are important. I once took a trip with a large backpack bag that had none and the bag sagged like a plastic trash bag and the contents sloshed around uncontrollably.
The secondary compartment of the Matein has two zippered inner pockets and a couple of smaller ones that would be handy for pens and such. There is a smaller compartment on the back (the angled zipper in the photos) that measures about 9 x 11 inches which would be a good spot for the small liquids and other stuff you’ll have to remove at security screenings.
The construction of the bag looks good. All the seams are straight; exposed seams are covered with binding, and I found only one loose thread. The bag came packed in a drawstring bag that I think I’ll take along as a laundry bag. Empty, the Matein bag weighs about 2 1/2 pounds vs. almost 4 for the eBags Mother Lode, although the eBags Mother Lode is slightly larger and has more pockets. (One of the reasons I returned the eBags Mother Lode is that I don’t like lots of pockets.)
This Matein bag is about half the price of the eBags Mother Lode and I am so far quite happy with what I see. When compared to the eBags Mother Lode and another nameless bag I saw in a local department store, this is a good deal. I’ll be traveling with it for about six weeks this summer and if I have anything to add to this when I return, I’ll update then.
Here’s a follow-up report. I took the backpack on one domestic trip for a week and an international trip for a month. On this latter trip we moved every two nights, and the trip took us through three countries, four airports, numerous busses, boats, trains, taxis, subways, the legendary Heathrow Terminal 5, and the ultimate travel survival test, the London underground during afternoon rush. The pack survived well. I remain disappointed with the flabby elastic retention straps on the inside, but the exterior ones took over and kept things under control. I’m a minimalist traveler — the pack was roomy enough for all my stuff excepting a few things I carry in a small waist pack. The pack came with a thin bag I used for laundry; and it folds in half easily to be stored in its original box. I have no problem recommending this for anyone needing a carry-on pack and I look forward to using it on future trips
Also, I love that it breaks down into about the size of a shoe box with a dust cover bag when storing it.
Only wish: they could figure out how to have wheels and a handle for longer/layover trips; backpack gets heavy after an all day travel
I'm back from China and love this Matein bag! It's #1 in my book!
Best of all and most of all I got this design because it carries like a pack yet you pack it like a suitcase so everything is organized and laid out and not stuffed down in a bottomless abyss like a traditional pack.
Made my personal bag dreams come true lol get one, you’ll love it!
I wanted to give it 5 stars, but i just can’t... they ruined my beautiful zippers even while I haven’t even used it just yet.
Can’t say how durable it is yet. But It’s light compared to other bags with the same size. Yes, It is comfortable and very soft on shoulders.