If you'd heard this album without knowing it, you wouldn't believe it if someone told you it was recorded in 1996!
This album represents the best in Cuban music: son cubano, guajira, bolero, danzón, criolla, and descarga. Such a beautiful performance of music otherwise unknown to the outside world, this record has immense historical value in addition to the tracks that will simply make you grin listening to them.
This 2015 remastering of the original 1997 release was done beautifully. The records I received were very high quality pressings, and the presentation is gorgeous. The whole ensemble includes 2 LPs and a booklet with historical and lyrical information.
This is a must-have for any record collection!
- Audio CD (4 August 1997)
- Original Release Date: 4 August 1997
- Number of Discs: 1
- Format: Audiobook, Import
- Label: WORLD CIRCUIT
- Run Time: 60 minutes
- ASIN: B01A9PPH6W
- Other Editions: Audio CD | Audio Cassette | DVD Audio | Vinyl
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 12,941 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)