BASE CAMP Dust/Pollution Mask - Activated Carbon Dustproof Mask with Adjustable HOOK&LOOP Strap and N99 Filters | Neoprene Air Pollution Mask for Allergy Woodworking Running (1Black Mask+3Filter)
|Price:||+ $8.52 Delivery|
- MESH CONSTRUCTION - The pollution mask is made of Nylon which offers excellent permeability. The lightweight air face mask is comfortable, breathable and good to wear in hot weather.
- PERFECT DESIGN - Anti pollution mask with adjustable nose clip, hanging Ear Design and removable hook & loop Strap, it helps effective seal and prevents fogging, keeps the mask from slipping. The image 5 show how to take accurate measurements of your head size to get your head size and make the right purchase
- LOW BREATHING RESISTANCE - Dual one-way discharge valves and mesh material design of the air breathing mask make air resistance smaller without sacrificing filtration.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL - The dust face mask filters out 99-percent of exhaust, dust, chemicals, particles, pollen, smoke and fumes. It is suitable for people with pollen allergy woodworking painting mowing running cycling hiking and other outdoor activities.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE - We want you to be as pleased with your purchase as we are in serving you. We understand that sometimes, things need to be tried on to find the right fit. If you find that the masks you've ordered isn't the right one for you, we're happy to full refund or resend a replacement for you.
Amazon Global Store
- International products have separate terms and are sold from abroad and may differ from local products including fit, age rating, and language of product, labeling, or instructions.
- Manufacturer warranty may not apply but you may have other rights under law.
- Limited Time Offer: Prime members get FREE Expedited delivery on all Prime eligible orders from Amazon US. T&Cs and Prime membership fee apply. Learn more
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Review this product
1 customer review
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Caveats, I'm at the end of the velcro around the back of my neck, so it feels a little odd-lots of material back there, but I'm a smaller person, so if you're petite, be prepared for that. One-size-never-fits-all, don't you know, but for not being sized, it's fitting pretty well.
Overall, for the money, it's going to be fine. I need a mask for working on jewelry (soldering, working with enamels, filing, sanding, etc.). Don't know if I'd want to wear it working outside, though, 'cause my glasses and the bridge-seal do argue a bit over who sits where... Less of an issue in my studio when I'm wearing my optivisor. I think a lot will have to do with if you wear glasses and your style of glasses.
I takes me about an hour to prep and mow my yard. By the end of that hour, the filter is saturated with sweat, but I feel great. Before I started using this BASE CAMP mask, I would mow my lawn and 1-2 hours later I was throwing up, running-out-both-ends, and had severe gut cramps and I had difficulty breathing, and it would take me 24 hours to recover. Along with wearing the mask, I take, and hour or two before I mow, a Benadryl, and Xzyal and a Singulair pill to help me survive the ordeal. Before I started wearing the BASE CAMP mask, the pills only helped me not end up in the ER. Now, along with my meds and the BASE CAMP mask, I mow the lawn and work in the yard, and afterwards its like nothing happened! I feel great, healthy and normal! This BASE CAMP mask is a god-send! It's saving my life!!! Thank you Amazon and BASE CAMP (I think BASE CAMP is an Amazon company).
Fit was ideal for my face. I have a narrow face and a slightly pronounced bridge on my nose so the bendable nose piece was a key feature for me. The ability to limit breathing wood saw dust particles was above adequate in my opinion. The cultured marble dust which is basically the consistency of talcum powder was moderate. If you are looking for zero inhalation of any particles, buy a respirator. It's that simple folks. I use respirators when cutting materials over an extended period of time that release finer particles. That's just common sense.
So what is this mask ideal for? For me it's the convenience of the quick on and off feature of using the hook and loop strap. Some days I'm constantly back and forth making cuts that the traditional disposable masks are too much of a PITA to deal with since I'm required to wear a hard hat and tethered safety glasses all day. Walking around with the paper masks snugged under my chin with two elastic bands digging into my neck is not my thing. So the ability to quickly add and remove this mask is great.
The overall effectiveness of the filters seem to be very good at this point. I can breath freely and have limited fogging of my safety glasses. A small adjustment of the glasses usually is sufficient to keep from fogging.
Overall I think the Base Camp is a great mask for the price point compared to the RZ which is considerably more, although I cannot say whether it is better or not since in fairness I have never tried the RZ.
Be realistic about your needs. If you are highly sensitive to fine dust particles, use a respirator. If you are like me and have probably already done more damage to your lungs than you care to think about over the last 25 years in the trades, and simply want to greatly reduce any further damage, than give this a try. It may be all that you need.
My husband has used this mask several times since we got it earlier this week. He has used it mostly while cleaning out the chicken coops. We have a very large chicken coop and then a smaller coop we using for brooding chickens in. He cleans it out often normally but the last time he cleaned it was a couple of months ago so he had to do some heavy-duty cleaning this time. He cleaned some of it with vinegar and a pressure washer and the mask really helped keep debris away and from him inhaling cleaning solution and the mess that chickens make.
As you can see from the photos, he has a pretty long and thick beard and even with that, the mask fits perfectly and pretty flush against his face. It is very comfortable to him and adjusts easily.
He looks forward to wearing this mask again this fall when he has to chop up leaves in the yard. The debris from the leaves usually really mess with his sinuses so hopefully, this mask will help a lot with that.
Upon testing this out I realized this will also come in handy around Halloween, so I guess there are good multi-purposes here.