It was a great book until page 188, where the author began using aspects of Python in examples that were not (yet) introduced/explained in the book AND not listed in the index, which tripped up the flow of the content. This book was reading at 5-star pace until...
*page 188 (with usage of "%s")
*page 126 (usage of ".pyw" extension, where author says to see Appendix for more details, but there are none)
*page 193 (usage of "str(list())", but there is not (yet) an explanation about that type of use of str())
I'm on page 209 now. The few aforementioned issues tripped me up enough to cause this review to be written. If it were not for those errors, the first 209 pages would be 5-stars.
* the explanation of regular expressions is enlightening, clear and simple. Better intro than several other books.
*the practice questions are excellent, working through each them is rewarding to one's understanding.
*the writing is clear and simple, direct, no typos, and flows well through each topic and chapter.
- Paperback: 504 pages
- Publisher: NO STARCH (1 August 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1593275994
- ISBN-13: 978-1593275990
- Product Dimensions: 17.8 x 3 x 23.5 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 975 g
- Customer Reviews: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 9,212 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)