- Audible Audiobook
- Listening Length: 9 hours and 35 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Hachette Audio
- Audible.com.au Release Date: 16 December 1999
- Language: English, English
- ASIN: B00NPB552O
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 16,991 in Audible (See Top 100 in Audible)
The Autobiography of Martin Luther King, Jr. Audiobook – Unabridged
See all 13 formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
|New from||Used from|
Audible Audiobook, Unabridged
|Free with your Audible trial|
©1998 Intellectual Properties Management, Inc., All Rights Reserved; ©1998 Time Warner AudioBooks (Packaging Only), A Division of Time Warner Trade Publishing (P)1998 Intellectual Properties Management, Inc., All Rights Reserved; 16 9; 1998 Time Warner AudioBooks (Packaging Only), A Division of Time Warner Trade Publishing
The Autobiography of Martin Luther King, Jr.
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. (Author), Clayborne Carson - editor (Author), Levar Burton (Narrator)
Audible is $16.45/mo after 30-days. Cancel anytime.
Sold and delivered by Audible, an Amazon company
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Page 1 of 1 Start overPage 1 of 1
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
29 January 2019
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
I really wanted to learn who Martin Luther King was and chose this book out of a few others due to it's previous reviews. Like other reviewers I found it a little funny reading an 'autobiography' that wasn't written by the person themselves, or at least a verbal account of their lives to an author (like Malcolm X). I found the way this book is written as slightly odd. As though the author is trying to fit a realistic account from newspaper clippings etc into the autobiography while still controlling the flow of the writing. Besides this confusion of reading MLK say "I ..." and wondering if he'd ever said that comment or somebody has implied he thought that way, this is a good read. This man deserves all the recognition he gets and is not celebrated enough through out the world. If you read this book, please make sure you watch the last 2 minutes of his "I've been to the mountain top" speech on YouTube. It is extremely sad and inspiring.
4 May 2015
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
Very stoked I've finally read this book. There is a lot about the ideals of man and standing for those moral beliefs that I came to respect, understand and wish to add to my own life. I praise God for his work that moved through Martin Luther King Jr. and his wife to impact a nation so much and the world over through his story. A great read and a healthy one.
1 July 2015
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
Could this brave man done more?? It would seem not. Has man really become more civilised?. Perhaps if some of those people could walk in the shoes of others for a while they would see the world through a different light,
Look for similar items by category
- Audible > Biographies & Memoirs > Ethnic & National
- Audible > Biographies & Memoirs > Historical
- Audible > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Political
- Audible > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Religious
- Audible > History
- Audible > Politics & Social Sciences
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Ethnic & National
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Political
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Religious
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Social Activists
- Books > Humour & Entertainment
- Books > Politics, Philosophy & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Political Science > History & Theory
- Books > Politics, Philosophy & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Civil Rights & Liberties
- Books > Textbooks & Study Guides