Australian Residential Property Development for Investors is the practical, step-by-step guide for beginners and experienced investors in the real estate and construction industries. From site selection to sale, this book walks you through each phase of the property development process to show you how careful planning can considerably enhance returns on your investment. This practical and effective guide features the latest information on development economics, the impact of electronic media, new cost-effective building methods, and a collection of case studies that illustrate these ideas in action. With a focus on practical outcomes, you'll learn how to approach the property from an investor's perspective to minimize risk and maximize returns.
Australians have long had a love affair with residential property. We have one of the highest rates of home ownership in the world, and investing in residential real estate is a popular route to financial security. This book shows you how to make property development feasible within your time and budget constraints, netting you more profit and less headache.
- Select the site with the most profit potential, and find dependable financing
- Work more effectively with contractors, councils, consultants, and solicitors
- Apply standard monitoring and risk management techniques to your investment
- Cost and market the improved property appropriately to target the right buyers
Newcomers are understandably overwhelmed by zoning, financing, construction, marketing, and everything else that goes into property development, frequently resulting in mistakes and missed profit. For the fledgling developer hoping to make the most of a new investment, Australian Residential Property Development for Investors provides all-in-one reference, with proven systems, techniques, and tools.
From the Back Cover
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PROPERTY INVESTORS:
- SITE SELECTION
- MAXIMISING YOUR PROFIT
- AUTHORITIES, APPROVALS, ZONING AND FINANCE
- MARKETING AND SELLING
Australian Residential Property Development for Investors is essential reading for new and experienced investors alike. This is the only book in the Australian market to outline the process for analysing the current and projected market with the associated risks and rewards for residential real estate development.
Seasoned architect and developer Ron Forlee details the principles and processes of residential property development in Australia from site selection to sale and provides up-to-date material, case studies and strategies to help readers make better decisions.
- a comprehensive overview of the property development process
- residential investment and development approaches to minimise risk and maximise profit
- technologies that facilitate the development process
- key financial calculations and economic considerations
- how-to instructions for raising finance, marketing and selling
- recent case studies in each residential asset class.
This is an indispensable manual for anyone interested in maximising their reward from a new investment.