August Smart Lock Pro + Connect, 3rd gen Technology, Works with Alexa, AUG-SL03-C02-S03, 1.5V
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (hub required and included, Alexa device sold separately)
- Control and monitor your door from anywhere. Lock and unlock your door, control keyless access and keep track of who comes and goes, all from your phone
- Be sure you’re secure with DoorSense. Only August has DoorSense to tell you if your door is securely closed and locked
- Always know who is coming and going. Track activity at your doorstep with a 24/7 Activity Feed
- Keep your existing lock and keys. Easily attaches to your existing deadbolt; use your existing keys at anytime
- Locks automatically behind you, and unlocks as you approach
- Simple, DIY installation. Install in about 10 minutes with just a screwdriver
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
August Smart Lock Pro + Connect
Turn your front door into a smart door with the August Smart Lock Pro + Connect. From your phone, lock and unlock your door from anywhere. Give keyless entry to family and friends, or schedule access for home services without worrying about lost or copied keys. Attaches easily to your existing deadbolt. With our proprietary DoorSense technology, you’ll know your door is completely closed and locked. You can even tell Alexa, Siri or the Google Assistant to control your August Smart Lock.
Unlocks automatically as you arrive
With your phone in your pocket, simply open the door and you’re in your home. Heading out? August Smart Lock Pro will also automatically lock the door behind you after you leave.
Monitor your door from anywhere
Lock and unlock your door, control keyless access, and keep track of who comes and goes, all from your phone. The 24/7 activity log means you’re always in the know.
Use your voice
August Smart Lock Pro + Connect is the smart lock solution that works with all three major voice platforms. Simply use your voice to tell Alexa, Siri or the Google Home to control your lock.
|August Smart Lock Pro + Connect||August Smart Lock Pro||August Smart Lock|
|Use your phone as your key||✓||✓||✓|
|Auto-unlock your door as you approach||✓||✓||✓|
|Auto lock your door as you leave||✓||✓||✓|
|Remotely control your lock||✓||Add August Connect Wi-Fi Bridge. Sold separately.||Add August Connect Wi-Fi Bridge. Sold separately.|
|Works with Alexa, Google Assistant||✓||Add August Connect Wi-Fi Bridge. Sold separately.||Add August Connect Wi-Fi Bridge. Sold separately.|
|Compatible Standards||Bluetooth, Apple HomeKit, Z-Wave Plus, Wi-Fi||Bluetooth, Apple HomeKit, Z-Wave Plus||Bluetooth|
Easy Installation and Operation
Simple, DIY installation
August Smart Lock Pro installs inside your door in about 10 minutes with just a screwdriver.
Works with most standard deadbolts
August Smart Lock Pro is compatible with most single-cylinder deadbolts, and allows you to keep existing hardware and keys.
Works with August Home App
Available for Android (5.0 or higher), iOS (9.0 or higher) and Apple Watch devices.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
+ Super brain-dead easy install. Took less than 10 minutes with just a philips head screwdriver. The video walkthrough on the app makes it really hard to mess up.
+ HomeKit integration is badass, and works flawlessly for me. There’s something soo cool tellling Siri on my cellular Apple Watch to lock/unlock the door, and it’s done. This works from inside/outside my house, on wifi, cellular, doesn’t matter.
+ Auto-locking is customizeable and works great. Don’t have to fish my key out to lock the door every time I take the puppers outside for a potty break.
* Doorsense, the little nubbin that you attach to your door frame that tells you if the door is open/ajar, was really easy to install and setup. So far though, doesn’t seem like a must-have feature.
* Remote unlock with the included August Connect works fine, no issues so far. Takes a little bit longer than I’d like to actually connect to the lock when I’m out and about though.
* a little bit pricey at $279 retail, but c’est la vie, yolo, and fomo
- Auto-Unlock is finicky and unpredictable. It doesn’t work when you expect it to. This is the only reason why I gave it 3-stars instead of 5. The way it’s supposed to work is that you set your home location in the august app, and this puts a 200-meter radius around that spot (about a couple city blocks). When you (and your phone) leave this area, the lock enters “auto-unlock” mode, and is supposed to automatically unlock the next time you enter Bluetooth range (maybe 15-20 feet) or seemingly whenever you hop on to the same wifi network as the lock. Obviously, you have to keep Bluetooth on, and not force-close the app for this to work. The app will even send you a push notification when it detects that you’ve left your home area, and that the lock has entered auto-unlock mode. The problem is that it just doesn’t work 100% of the time. I’ve had instances where I did exactly as I was supposed to (left home area, got push notification saying lock was in auto-unlock mode, kept Bluetooth on and app active), and the lock doesn’t unlock even though I’m literally standing on the other side of the door. I’ve also had times when the lock won’t detect that I’ve left my neighborhood, and thus never enters auto-unlock mode in the first place. No rhyme or reason to it. On twitter, August says they’re constantly tweaking the algorithm of auto-unlock, so there’s hope that this will get better. Also, the home radius should be way less than 200-meters! I don’t live in a mega-mansion/ranch, and I shouldn’t have to wander a couple city blocks for the lock to know I’m not at home.
Other random thought(s):
* How badass would it be if the lock could use my cellular Apple Watch to auto-unlock??
TLDR: Easy install, auto-locking is awesome and customizable, HomeKit integration is sweet, but auto-unlocking algorithm needs more time in the oven. If “hey Siri unlock the door” from my Apple Watch didn’t work as well as it did, I’d probably return the lock.
*update 11/8/17* - upgrading to 3.5 stars
- Picked up the new iPhone X last week. Absolutely love this phone. Can you imagine if August put FaceID in their lock?? The future will be amazing (and a little creepy). Oh yeah, the iPhone X works fine with the August lock, no issues at all.
- August issued a firmware update to the lock about a week ago (1.5.21). Auto-unlock feels like it is getting better at recognizing when I’ve arrived home. Still not 100% reliable. It sometimes takes too long for the lock to recognize that I’m standing outside (sometimes up to 5-10s). But the frequency of it working as it should is going up! Good job August, keep it coming!
- If you have an iPhone, add the August widget to your lock screen. This gives you one-touch lock/unlock capability. And if you have the new iPhone X and Face ID, your phone will automatically unlock for you as soon as you look at it, so unlocking your august lock is one swipe + one tap away.
- Not having to fish my key out every time I leave/come home truly is a luxury. Auto-locking works perfectly every time. And even with the ongoing auto-unlock finickiness, I feel confident enough in the lock that I removed my house key from my key ring (only the car key and mail key left!). And pulling out my phone and hitting unlock on the widget screen is still faster and more convenient than fumbling with a physical key in the dark.
*update 5/25/18* - upgrading to 4.5 stars
- August keeps improving the lock. Recently issued an update that makes remote connection almost instantaneous now. You don't have to manually connect to the August Connect any more either - it just does it automatically. Very cool.
- Auto-unlock continues to improve. Still wish it would enter auto-away mode much sooner! One little quirk that I did not mention in the original review is that even when I enter the house from the garage on the other side of my home, the August Lock will auto-unlock. It does this reliably and consistently, even though I don't really want it to. I believe this is called out in the support documents, so it's not really a bug. It doesn't really bother me at all though, since it will always auto-lock itself after a few minutes anyway. Probably just uses the battery a little bit more is all.
- Guest access keys work great so far!
- Speaking of battery, I get about 3 months of use out of 4xAAs. I switched to some rechargeable eneloops, and seem to be getting a bit more use this time.
*update 6/25/18* - upgrading to 5 stars
- August updated the lock firmware again, and this time, it allows me to use the iphone widget to directly unlock the lock. Before, hitting the unlock button on the widget would take you to the app, and you had to tap the screen again to unlock the lock. It's so much faster now!
- Still wish the away-mode radius could be smaller, but maybe it'll get there soon with how regularly August seems to be improving the lock!
- Having had the lock for the better part of a year, I feel confident enough about it to recommend it to family now. Friends and family who have seen/used it have also commented on how much easier it is to use than a regular key.
I purchased this because I rent rooms through Airbnb in my home. I also bought the keypad. I like that I don't have to hand out a physical key and I have a record of who enters or leaves. As you can see in the picture, even though it states that the Wi-Fi bridge can be 10 feet away, I had to run an extension cord and mount it right next to the door. I have double opening doors, but that should not make a difference. I will eventually buy something to cover the cord. I can live with that. My major concern is that the door will unlock if I am walking by my door either talking on my cell phone or I just happen to have my cell phone in my pocket. This has happened twice when someone knocked on the door. As I approached the door to see who it was, the door unlocked because I had my cell phone on me. While I am at home, it should not automatically unlock the door. I may not want the door to unlock if I don't know who the person is. This needs to be fixed!
For my wife, the lock has basically dropped from her daily awareness (a very good thing). When she gets home, the door is unlocked by the time she gets to it. She lets the door lock itself whether entering or leaving. The only time she notices the lock is when she's sitting in her car in the driveway talking on the phone and the autolock re-locks the door before she actually gets out of the car. I think she's then either used her app or her key depending on whether she's still talking on the phone. Then and only then does my wife complain about the tech. Otherwise, I think she actually likes not having to unlock the door all the time. She's only used the keypad once, and it worked perfectly.
For my kids, the lock has also worked flawlessly. They never use their keys -- they either use their phone or the Keypad to open the door. The lock has come in handy a number of times -- when my daughter has had to get a ride from someone or when my son goes out and then gets home after we've gone to bed. I did have to give my son grief a couple of times for not closing the door completely -- the door couldn't lock. [I don't remember if it notified me. I was home both times it happened and heard the warning beep from the lock when the locking process failed.]
We've also had folks working in/on the house get access to the house via the Keypad. They also had zero trouble getting in. And I can set the time of day and day of the week that the code they are using works and receive notifications when/if it has been used. There's a weird glitch in the app that doesn't show the right access time after it has been set and saved. And I admit that I haven't tested whether the code works outside the timeframe. But part of the reason why I've been blase about not knowing is that we also have an alarm system, and I know the access times on that sucker works!
For me, the lock has worked well. I like the easy access. I like how the interior metal drum feels in my hand when I lock the door (mindful of the batteries, I tend to turn the drum manually when I get home). But the lock set-up is not perfect -- I've noticed a few flaws. The August app requires you to turn on the internet -- otherwise the default is bluetooth. So when you open the app to get remote access to the lock, you have to push a little button to activate the 'net access. I'm not sure that makes sense (I imagine they are doing it for a reason but I don't know what that reason is), and it makes for a clumsy and unnecessarily slow app experience. The app UI also seems very primitive and while not confusing, it could certainly be a bit more intuitive. The app integration with my apple watch is so crappy and slow as to be nearly useless. On rare occasions (twice over the past month), the door has not been open when I've gotten to it. Once it opened right after I took my phone out of my pocket but before I could do anything. The other time, I ended up opening the app and opening the door. Since I've gone in and out of the house a ton of times, these two occasions don't bother me or even stand out much. And while the smart hub integration works, the interaction feels a little clunky (see, e.g., app) and somewhat limited.
The installation could not have been easier. The invitation/owner designation process was a little clunky, but manageable. So I can say that the whole upfront thing was pretty easy.
I'm not giving the August Lock Pro five stars because: (1) it's still a little bit overpriced for what it is; and (2) for this much money, I'm expecting a Lexus/Cadillac-level app experience rather than the Fiat/Fiesta experience that is actually provided. If you've got the cash, a technophobe significant other, and some tech savvy, but zero-patience-for-hassle kids, then I would highly recommend this lock. And I would get it with the Keypad -- not because you absolutely have to, but because the Keypad really completes the package for everybody.
Note -When this lock did work the Auto Unlock feature was hit or miss.