- Paperback: 444 pages
- Publisher: Audel; 1 edition (5 January 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0764588095
- ISBN-13: 978-0764588099
- Product Dimensions: 9.9 x 3.3 x 15 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 181 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 97,396 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
+ $5.63 delivery
Audel Welding Pocket Reference Paperback – 5 Jan 2007
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Whether you're constructing a building, making minor home repairs, or learning the trade, keep this guide in your toolbox. Find facts, safety guidelines, instructions, conversion tables, and plenty of answers here.
Metals, methods, machinery, and more
- Reviews safe cutting and welding practices and protective gear
- Shows how to work with cast iron, wrought iron, and alloy steels
- Covers arc welding, brazing, and braze welding
- Includes a guide to the correct electrodes to use for different metals
- Provides tips for producing good welds
About the Author
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
No tables or charts showing recommended starting point for voltage and wire feed in regards to different metals/thicknesses.
Well worth the money to toss in your bag or tool box, or read this on the pooper instead of your phone.
Bottom line, if I lost it, I'd buy another. Would even make a great gift for a hobbyist or a pro.
Page 83, fig. 4-2: Is NOT typical SMAW system but rather similar to 4-1 (SMAW process)
Page 87, tbl.4-3: Says DCEN produces LESS (how come?!!) penetration than DCEP, yet on page 120 fig.5-3 it states DCEN produces DEEP penetration (which is correct if compared to my other source of information, might be a different context though, i.e. different type of electrode).
I'm just wondering how many more errors/omissions exist in the book?
Any way I better double check everything that I read from it.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Home Improvement & Design > How-to & Home Improvements > Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning
- Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Civil & Environmental > Construction Logistics
- Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Materials & Material Science > Metallurgy
- Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Mechanical > Welding
- Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Reference
- Books > Textbooks & Study Guides > Textbooks