Amazing book!!!! Just finished this 2nd book about Konrad. And as intended I am left waiting for the 3rd!!!
It was a difficult book to read emotionally because it always bothers me how man can be so inhumane to man because of religion, race or any other reason.
The character development is deep and wide. I feel Konrad's deep anguish at what he is made to do and I feel his sense of humanity and caring for others and the conflicts this raises in him.
The chilling portrayal of some of the other SS and Gestapo officers and men is very real and quite disgusting. Kudos to you. I tell everyone that Max is my favorite author who never disappoints, is an in-depth researcher on the subjects of which he writes and are capable of writing about many diverse subjects.
I have had authors I have followed in the past, but have lost interest in reading them because their books are so much of the same. Not him!!! His many interests, experiences and apparent zest for knowledge keep me coming back for more!!!
- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 6802 KB
- Print Length: 443 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 179860373X
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Writers Exchange E-Publishing; 1 edition (16 October 2016)
- Sold by: Amazon Australia Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01M64ZQMD
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Customer Reviews: 1 customer rating
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #735,362 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)