If you've read Coonts' Grafton/Carmellini series and liked it, then no doubt you will like this book too.
If you can forgive the plausibility flaws in this book (which is rare for Coonts) then this story is an engaging read into a typical "what if..." Scenario of brinksmanship between China and the USA. For example, letting a material witness to a Capitol crime go back to their family restaurant to serve dinner (oddly out of place), could be forgiven by Carmellini's dry wit laced throughout the book. The bemusing overwritten by the amusing. But then there is the adventure itself, which is worthwhile spending your Kindle $'s on.
- Paperback: 112 pages
- Publisher: Penguin; 1 edition (1 September 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780140455526
- ISBN-13: 978-0140455526
- ASIN: 0140455523
- Product Dimensions: 12.9 x 0.6 x 19.8 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 90.7 g
- Average Customer Review: 24 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 4,660 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)