Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
Arches Watercolour Block, 12"x16"
|Price:||+ $6.99 Delivery|
- The cold press finish has a light texture and is the most common. It reflects light well, retaining the transparent quality of watercolours. A light grain makes it easier to achieve certain details
- All Arches papers are cylinder mould made as they have been for over a century. With long fibers, this thick, stable sheet is beautiful, durable, and resillient.
- Each sheet of Arches Watercolour paper is tub-sized in a bath of pure natural gelatin and then air dried to add additional strength and durability
- The best quality control. Ourt paper undergoes sophisticated testing and monitoring, with every sheet individually inspected to assure the finest quality
- Contains one block with 20 sheets, 300 GSM
Amazon Global Store
- International products have separate terms, are sold from abroad and may differ from local products, including fit, age ratings, and language of product, labeling or instructions.
- Manufacturer warranty may not apply but you may have other rights under law.
- Limited Time Offer: Prime members get FREE Expedited delivery on all Prime eligible orders from Amazon US. T&Cs and Prime membership fee apply. Learn more about Amazon Global Store.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
An historic year, memorable for two special events: the arrival to America by Christopher Columbus and the founding of the ARCHES paper mill, which has endured through the centuries, to the pleasure and satisfaction of numerous renowned artists, art publishers and printers.
Arches Water Colour Paper Block
Cold Press, 140lb / 300 GSM
The cold press finish has a light texture and is the most common. It reflects light well, retaining the transparent quality of watercolours. A light grain makes it easier to achieve certain details. Recommended techniques:
- Water colour
Papermaking on a cylinder mould allows even, uniform transfer of fibers onto the wire support. Each paper has a handmade appearance without the defects of handmade paper. It's principle has remained unchanged for over 200 years
Watermark of Authenticity
By using paper signed with the Arches watermark, artists can be sure that they have a medium with unchanging properties at their disposal, a medium that has revealed some of the greatest talents over centuries.
Arches is the only paper mill in the world to gelatin size its watercolour paper 'to the core'. This preserves the lustre and transparency of the colours whilst preventing paints from penetrating the paper. Resists erasing and scratching without tearing or linting.
Quality Control and Expertise
Arches carries out, throughout every production run, a succession of checks and inspections: mechanical, optical, chemical, visual. We ensure even distribution of the fibers in all directions, thereby improving the stability of the paper when wet.
|Cold Press Block - 300lb||Hot Press Block||Rough Block||Paper Pads|
|300lb Paper is similar to cardstock and needs no stretching. Will dry flat without buckling and can take more abuse||The hot press finish is primarily used for portraits. Discreet and reserved, it focuses attention on the subject of the work, emphasizing the drawing.||The rough finish has an effect close to that of handmade paper. This rough grain helps to achieve valuable effects of texture.||Each pad contains 12 sheets. Available in both cold and hot press|
No customer reviews
|5 star 100% (100%)||100%|
|4 star 0% (0%)||0%|
|3 star 0% (0%)||0%|
|2 star 0% (0%)||0%|
|1 star 0% (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Cheaper papers are often wood pulp so the paint sits on top of the paper, the paint, therefore, does not mix or layer well. The texture doesn't show up. Even if you are the most skilled artists' paintings will end up looking like a toddler painted it. Wood pulp paper works AGAINST you as you try to paint.
But this paper is 100 percent cotton and is a dream to paint on. The water and pigment soak into the paper, leaving vivid beautiful washes that are extremely easy to layer and glaze. Arches works WITH you to create the best painting of your ability. If you watercolor, this paper is a MUST.