Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $18.08 delivery
Alfa Apa-M25 Dual Band 2.4Ghz/5Ghz 10Dbi High Gain Directional Indoor Panel Antenna With Rp-Sma Connector (Compare To AsUS Wl-Ant-157)
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Customers who bought this item also bought
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)||0%|
|4 star (0%)||0%|
|3 star (0%)||0%|
|2 star (0%)||0%|
|1 star (0%)||0%|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
1. This is a directional antenna but there is no indication of which side is "Front". You need to know that to point it (if you want omni-directional coverage this is not the antenna to get). In my case, the router is located on the end of my house, so I only need coverage in one direction. It improved that by about 5dB.
2. the mount does not swivel 180 deg so if Front is not in the direction you need it to be, you'll need to re-orient the router to get the antenna pointed correctly. That may not look right on the shelf.
To solve these issues, I pried the case open and Front was the logo side. Then I had to pry the swivel mount to get it oriented so Front was pointing at the connector. I had to glue it in place.to keep it from flopping.
The Company send me an Email asking if I had any issues to contact them but was done through Amazon which does not give a reply address.. So ..If the Company reads this.. I like this product with the one issue being how loose the swivel is.. and has no provision to tighten.. If you turn the controller a little they fall out of alignment which is not good for a direction ant.. I have solved the issue by making a clip that locks them together but fixing the loose swivel would be the best solution...
I then attached it to my receiving usb dual antenna dongle wtih stand with a RTL8812AU chipset that I purchased on amazon. I have trouble with it coming back from sleep or hibernate with win10 and have to reboot daily so I won't push you to a particular url for that. Replacing one of the antenna's on it and experimenting with free internet speed tests I was able to make big gains in mbs. Going through a floor I went from a best of 130mbs to 230+mbs !
This is my max ISP speed on my paid plan with the 5ghz channel, the 2.4ghz channel slow starts and 70mbs best.
I should mention this is replacing one of the already high gain straight antennas made this much difference.
Signal level measurements using an Alfa AWUS052NH 802.11n Dual-Band 2.4/5 GHz Wi-Fi USB Adapter:
- Measured using airodump-ng - the signal level unit is RSSI means Received Signal Strength Indication
- The access point was approximately 120' away on the other side of an exterior brick/sheetrock wall.
- With the stock antenna, my RSSI values were the following:
-- Channel 1: -47 to -48
-- Channel 149: -44 to -46
- With Alfa APA-M25, my RSSI values were the following:
-- Channel 1: -37 to -39
-- Channel 149: -33 to -36
- The reflector is just a piece of foil tape. Although this is more than "good enough" as the small wrinkles in the foil are much smaller than the highest wavelength, I replaced the foil with a piece of aluminum flashing cut using sheers. However, I did not see any change in signal levels with this change. (Still made me feel better.)
- The case was not glued or screwed closed and is easy to open with a plastic spudger tool. This is nice for teardown reasons but means that it would not be suitable for installation in a wet environment. If that is your use case I would suggest opening the case and then adding a bead of silicone to the perimeter before closing it again or running tape around the seam as a simpler but slightly less effective method.
Note: The receiving side (front) is the side with screen printing on the units I received.