I purchased this Anne Pro 2 with Cherry MX Brown switches (black). I like brown switches and have 2 other boards with them. The board I use at work is a "New Poker II" (a different 60%) that I really like. For home I wanted to try something with RGB lighting because I think my 1 year old daughter would get a kick out of it. Also, most of the time on my home PC is late at night in the dark.
I chose the Anne Pro 2 because it seemed like you get a lot of bang for the buck. While I likely won't use the blue-tooth feature much, I like how you can connect to the board with an app to change the lighting scheme.
I was pleasantly surprised that this board came with a USB Type-C connector and a nice long red rubberized cable with it. I read some reviews that stated this board had micro-usb but it must have been updated. Love that.
Another selling point for me is that the arrow keys on this board default to the wasd keys just like my "New Poker II" at work, so I won't struggling with different layouts between my keyboards.
I have tried the software provided by Obins to update the firmware and play with key customization and it is pretty great. It is super easy to update the firmware and customize a couple keys that I wanted to move around. If you would like, you can set the backlight color of individual keys using this software also.
The quality of the board feels good. It is a plastic case build, but feels sturdy. And I believe that this keyboard will work with most of the 60% keyboard after-market mods if you want to customize. Haven't spent much time with the board yet but initial impressions are good.
I've been able to spend more time with this board and I'm having some problems with it.
- [Fixed after firmware update] I tried bluetooth and was able to get it connected to my computer, but the keyboard kept dropping connection so I eventually just plugged it in.
- [Fixed after firmware update] While connected through bluetooth the back-lighting on the board would keep turning itself on even though I kept turning it off.
- After about 4 hours of use, 3 of the keys no longer light up. This appears to be faulty hardware - a firmware update and plenty of tweaking of lighting profiles did not fix the issue.
The dead RGB lighting is really disappointing and I'm planning to return this board. I do like a lot about this board, though, so my plan is to return this one and pick up a new one to see if I still have problems. I'll update this review if I fare better with the new board.
Update 2: I've received my second board. Immediately updated the firmware and have been using it for about 3 hours. I already have 1 key's RGB lighting malfunctioning. Interestingly, it appears it is the red lighting specifically that is malfunctioning because when I have red selected the key is off. Any other color that is made with a mix of red will show this key as a different color. Other solid colors with no mixing appear correctly, like blue or green. I had the board set to red at the time, and I saw this key flicker a bit before it went out. Truly a shame.
- Consistent Bluetooth Connectivity. Paring and stability is one of the most concerned issue on Anne pro 1st Gen. Obinslab has spent great endeavor to get it mostly resolved and bring the performance to demanding standards.
- Prolonged Wireless usage. Anne pro 2 utilizes 1900mah battery which is up to for 8 hours wireless usage under regular circumstance, which means a few days life cycle on a single charge. There is also built-in on/off switch to conserve battery power
- Arrow Keys on keyboard. Probably the first 60% keyboard with arrow keys back. Tap key functionality enables keys to behave differently when tapped or held. By default, Right shift, Fn1, Fn2, and Right control behave as arrow keys when tapped
- Maximize Your Imagination: ObinsLab starter companion software enable users to fully personalize their keyboards. RGB backlights are individually addressable
- Bluetooth system requirement: Bluetooth 4.0 receiver / Windows 10 / Android 4.4 and above / IOS 7.0 and above / Mac OS 10.10 and above. (Check the compatibility before purchasing)
- Keys Quantity: 61 keys
- Main Control Chip: Dual ARM Cortex-M
- USB: USB Type-C connection
- Response Time: 1ms
- NKRO: Support
- Key caps: PBT keycaps
- Firmware Upgrade: App Support
- App Support: Yes
- Light Effect: RGB 16 million colors
- 1*Pull Key Tool
- 1*USB Type-C Cord
- 1*User Manual
- 1* Additional Key cap set (random color)
- Wired : USB (Windows 7/8/10̵Mac̵Linux)
- Wireless Bluetooth LE 4.0 (Windows 8/10̵Mac̵Linux)
- Size: 97 * 284 * 40mm
- Weight: 635g
- Battery: 1900mAh