Craig Childs is a writer and an outdoorsman who has had at least his share of encounters with wild creatures. Those encounters range from the mundane to the terrifying. They are here documented in "The Animal Dialogues", a book that is part travelogue, part adventure story.
These kinds of encounters might not be all that unusual for anyone who has spent plenty of time in the wild, especially in Alaska, Canada, and the American West, where predators still roam. The takeaway, for folks who spend most of their time in the concrete canyons or the sprawling suburbs, is that wildness is still out there. Childs is a good writer, and this book is recommended as an interesting read.
- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: Little, Brown US; 1 edition (1 May 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0316066478
- ISBN-13: 978-0316066471
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 2.5 x 21 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 322 g
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 61,247 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)