On the surface this is a poem Samuel Taylor Coleridge about a mariner that dispatches an albatross. Of course, it is a metaphor and has deeper significance. Anyone can tell the tale but not as well (and graphic) as Coleridge.
It is interesting how people that never really read the poem then quote and misquote the poem. One thinks having an albatross around ones neck is because the bird is bad luck and not that the bird brought good luck until it was dispatched.
- Hardcover: 144 pages
- Publisher: Macmillan Collector's Library; New edition (26 September 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1509842918
- ISBN-13: 978-1509842919
- Product Dimensions: 10.3 x 1.4 x 15.7 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 141 g
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 219,812 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)